started yesterday.. anyone in the same boat? (1 Viewer)

Dil myster

HSC
hey guys.. l only just started my extension 2 video yesterday and it's due in a week.. how is everyone going with theirs?.. l shut myself in the computer room today after trials for 4 hours!.. ahhhhhhh

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Dil myster said:
hey guys.. l only just started my extension 2 video yesterday and it's due in a week.. how is everyone going with theirs?.. l shut myself in the computer room today after trials for 4 hours!.. ahhhhhhh
Are you looking for someone to justify your laziness?

Get back to work, you hippy.

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
I only started mine the other day and am finishing filming today

And before you call me a hippy or flame me for my apparent laziness i had it planned about 4 months ago - it's these fucken actors man!!

I can't STAND actors!

So lazy!!

I could've acted all the parts myself and got it done in less time!!

scoby_2000

HSC
yea one of me mates at school started it last week

i helped him out today by acting as a boyfriend

he seemed to be going ok....was hoping to do all the editing on the weekend.... (thats gonna b quite a rush!!!)

ive finished my script, kinda glad im not filming it (i was going to but....you know)

good luck everyone!

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
i started two days ago, but havent done jack shit on it yet.

but ive had it planned out for the last six months, and i know what i have to do

the only thing is, if i fuck it up, i wont have much time to change it

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i cant believe that some of you are starting your films.. even if its just the editing process.. only a few days before the thing is due. I did video for drama and it took me at least a week to edit to a acceptable level.. i cant get my head around it, i really cant

steffo

steph
HSC
pirotess4 said:
I only started mine the other day and am finishing filming today

And before you call me a hippy or flame me for my apparent laziness i had it planned about 4 months ago - it's these fucken actors man!!

I can't STAND actors!

So lazy!!

I could've acted all the parts myself and got it done in less time!!
i'd LOVE to see u complete your video without actors.
I'D LOVE IT.
actors rule.

regardless, i hope u are having fun with your filming and get it done on time.

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
steffo said:
I'D LOVE IT.
actors rule.

Lol. Let me rephrase what i said

I am an actor, i want to be an actress and i attend acting college which will give me a heads up into NIDA. What i cant stand is OTHER actors that promise to work for me and then don't show up. THOSE actors i can't stand - especially when they know when my video is due and know if they don't pull their finger out i will be the one failing. I completed it the other day and that took some effort - bludgers!

_muse_ said:
i cant believe that some of you are starting your films.. even if its just the editing process.. only a few days before the thing is due. I did video for drama and it took me at least a week to edit to a acceptable level.. i cant get my head around it, i really cant
Well, yes i did start late (without fault of my own) and probably won't get the best mark. But i've been making and editing films and clips for about 5 years now, i've gained enough experience to be able to sit there for a couple of hours (if that) and have the thing completely done. Once you get into the habit of something it's really easy. Now, my only problem is relying on the school's editing system - i hope it doesn't crash!! But yes i did start late and i will take responsibility but just because you take a certain amount of time to complete something at an acceptable level does not mean it is the same situation for all of us

I've had experience in the field for 5 years so i'm confident i can get it done say...tomorrow!! It's not like it's the PIP! lolz

Good luck everyone!!

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
omg you're all insane

a girl did video last year and spent almost 200 hours editing it. for like a ten minute thing, she got really good marks tho.

its not the filming or script or whatever, but the editing that kills you

veridis

droog
HSC
steffo said:
I'D LOVE IT.
actors rule.

*wonders if he should mention it's possible to do animation*

but yeah its the editing that's the killer. finished filming in late may/early june but still rushed to fix stuff at the end

bonniejjj

HSC
veridis said:
*wonders if he should mention it's possible to do animation*

but yeah its the editing that's the killer. finished filming in late may/early june but still rushed to fix stuff at the end
Up until the end of May I was doing Animation- it is very hard and time consuming. I was doing 3d computer animation, had worked very hard on it, but at this point I only had 3 minutes edited and no sound! I decided to do the only sensible thing and wrote a short story around my concept instead of jeapordising my HSC. Wrote the first draft in a week- storywriting is a breeze compared to animation. Still feel sad for my film though- I worked so hard on it and now the components are just sitting on my hard drive... maybe I'll finish it when the HSC is over and I have some spare time.

By the way, did anyone complete (or do you know anyone who completed) an animated film for Extension 2?

Frob

HSC
I shot my last scene five days before the due date. I had no problem editing it in - just a couple of hours work and then shaving the whole thing down to eight minutes. You can leave some things to the last minute, but the whole thing? It's not possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)