STAT 170 - Semester 1 or 2 (1 Viewer)

dolbinau

HSC
This is probably a stupid question and I have no idea how it can even be answered, but is it better to do STAT170 during semester 1 or 2? (I suppose it would depend around other units/when they are offered too but I mean other things:

e.g Maybe there are 'theories' about the kind of people that chose to do it each semester or something, I don't know. Just. Discuss if you have any insight :p.)

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

This is probably a stupid question and I have no idea how it can even be answered, but is it better to do STAT170 during semester 1 or 2? (I suppose it would depend around other units/when they are offered too but I mean other things:

e.g Maybe there are 'theories' about the kind of people that chose to do it each semester or something, I don't know. Just. Discuss if you have any insight :p.)
Most people choose whether to do it sem 1 or sem 2 based on (in order):
- when it's required, eg if it's a co-req with something,
- when they have room their timetable,
- and when their friends are doing it.

Of course they decide to do it full year if they think it'll be easier for them.

Odyssey2001

HSC
Not that I've done STAT170 but I've been in the same situation with other subjects as in whether or not to do it in the 1st or 2nd semester. My opinion is that if I don't do it in the 1st semester I'll spend the whole 2nd semester thinking I could have done it all now ('Do it now so I don’t have to worry about it later' kind of thing). But it’s totally a personal decision.

Begbie4017

HSC
I did Stat170 full year because I suck at anything mathematical.

The last 2 years Ive been at Macquarie I have got some sort of horrible cold/virus second semester, so this year Im going to do a heavier load 1st semester.
That's my theory on picking semesters..

old.skool.kid

HSC
Im doing it first semester, because unlike everyone else for some strange reason i am interested in statistics. So interested that im doing Stat175 in semester 2!

zeromq

HSC
N/A
if you interested you should try stat171 lol, it'll kill you if you don't keep up

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
if you interested you should try stat171 lol, it'll kill you if you don't keep up
a bit silly to do 171 unless you are 1) aim to transfer into actuarial studies or 2) really are into stats (even then i think 1) should decide it for you) and can def see the subject helping you somehow down the track.

remember when you get a job dont think having 171 in your subjects isnt really going to help you out imo.

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
do it in 1st semester, that way when u fail u can do it again in 2nd semester and if u fail again then just do it in summer session

mserica

HSC
Ohhh i so remember the days of STAT 170 the worst subject ever, mainly because of the GNATS and WASPS that took hours to do and were only worth 2% Grrrrr....

SO glad it was the only stats subject i had to do!

HSC
Check for any requirements! Because for my course, they said i had to enrol into psy 104 which has to be accompanied with stat 170.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)