STAT test or whatever its called (1 Viewer)

ToOL

ok so im a dumbass and have to do this to have a chance to get into the scabby une.... so i got the sample papers the other day and freaked out badly.. WTF
i thought it was just like general knowledge shit... im screwed!?
if i wasnt so lazy id figure out how to become unlazy...
IS ANY ONE ELSE SCREWED WITH ME?? im gunna be a bum like my mother OMG what am i goin to do!!!!

mcmurphy

chill.... the STAT itself is not as hard as the practice questions they send you. i did mine last year and got like 50 in the practice questions but got 98.4 in the actual test. are you doing the creative writing one or just the multiple choice?

ToOL

ohh ok, well maybe im not gunna be a parky after all...
so what does the stat test actually do? do you get extra uai points? and if so how many? what happens if you dont go to well and stuff? hehe they havent told us shit

mcmurphy

unfortunately the stat test doesn't mean crap unless you go to UWS. other universities accept it e.g. UTS but only if you are over 20 and didn't do your hsc etc. etc.

at uws, they use the stat as criteria to let you into the course, provided you were only 10 points or less below the cutoff. e.g. you get 70 UAI but get 100% in the STAT, you can get into a course with a cutoff between 70 and 80.

not sure if that counts on top of the extra 5 points you get for being a westie.

i spoke to the UWS admissions department and they said that the cutoff you can get with the STAT is capped at 87 or something, which is a bit of a bummer because i got 81.75 UAI, so only get 5 more points.

still, it helps.

ToOL

OH ok thanks for that hey :)
HAHAHAAH SHUTUP man westies arent that bad, its the wogs
so what happens if you get like under 100 percentfor test
say aorund 60 percent?

mcmurphy

your stat score is used as your uai if your uai is 10 points or less below the cutoff.

e.g. if B Arts cutoff is 65, and you get a uai between 55 and 65, then your stat is used.

if you get 60% in the stat, you're still 5 points below the cutoff so you don't get in. but if you get 65% or higher, you get in.

if your stat score is lower than your uai, then they don't use it so you won't get penalised.

ToOL

ohhhhhh i seee :eek: thanks for that hey!! you helped heaps... all i gotta do now is get at least 85 percent HA... we can only HOPE FINGERS CROSSED!!!:(

c00kiezncreme

im doin mine 2mo!!
wish me luck..it better not b as hard as the practice q's..coz some of them are damn hard.. :S

ruski_gal

I didnt think it was too bad. I thought it was pretty straight forward. Hopfully it will guarentee me a place in nursing. Thought id do it just incase i needed it. Im planning on going to c'town.

Pepani

Jixxt Designer
HSC
i did the STAT on sunday. i was okays... i thought it was quite easy, but i know i'll get crap in it. i always jinx myself. i dont' even want to go to UWS... i just did it for back up. hmph.

young_gurl

STaT

i did my stat on saturday at 8.30....i thoguth the multi choice was tricky not hard...and the englsh bit is goo if u know how to shit stuff outta ur ass

young_gurl

hehehe well the scheme is to help those who live in the west ..and give them a better chance to get into UWS...
STAT just helps u get into a course if u are 10 marks off the cut -off and is only applicable if ur STAT result is higher than ur actual HSC mark ....

Cuties

Yeah I thought it was a good idea so I did it, really its better than not doin it and then not getting in to ANY uni....
Only it cost $113 or somethin so waste of money if u do well in the HSC anyway hey?
I thought it was pretty good... Did anyone do it other than on Sat at 8.30?? What were you're essay questions cause they were all different.... I did "Australia is an isolated country BLAH BLAH" and "Marriage is changing BLAH BLAH"

young_gurl

hhehhe yeah i did it on sat at 8.30 at UWS campbelletown...
my essays were so stupid i did sumthing on family breakups cause increase in crime and u can tell what a person is like by looking at what they do for fun!...it was so gay i onli wrote 2 pages for each! and guessed all multi choices

~**PinG**~

HSC
I am now totally confused about the STAT/ RET. I did both exams because well.......I've no idea. I thought the STAT was the writtene exam and the RET was the Multiple choice. So how is it possible that I am able to get a high mark for the STAT and a shitty mark for the RET?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)