strictly ONE related text? (1 Viewer)

Fat Fung

HSC
i stated using one related text...and used another one just to support and give evident to prove my points right =.="

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
look...if u used an extra related text YOU WILL NOT GET MARKED DOWN on any penalty basis as this does not exist. If this however does create a negative impression on the marker well thats beyond me and IMO its to insignificant to matter, but then again every mark matters from a high band 4 to a low band 5e.t.c

HOWEVER, to all thoose people that did use two related texts.....dont think they will just cross that paragraph out...definatly not for example if u say this related text is similar to my perscribed text, they elimanate the related text suppourting bit...but keep in mind ur analysis of the perscribed text...as u are still meeting the rubrics and marking guidline requirments

why my hektiq teacher got into the nitty grittys i dont kno...but i guess it can b of use here...

so overall dont stress guys take it easy...

2S1D3

HSC
^^^ how do you know all this btw? is it from your teacher?
EDIT: dont worry

Last edited:

Kew

HSC
Well yes, they would totally ignore the second related text, but think of the amount of marks you could have gained with more writing on the prescribed/first related text.

You won't do absolutely shithouse if you do two, but just think of the additions you could have done with that time wasted; even if it was just 1 more mark. :)

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
elliots said:
very nice to all of u

but i didnt ask for your life stories about how god blessed you with the perfect related text.

can anyone answer my question?

is it going to effect my mark alot?
be glad people r talking to u, u tool

lucidassembly

HSC
Kew said:
Well yes, they would totally ignore the second related text, but think of the amount of marks you could have gained with more writing on the prescribed/first related text.

You won't do absolutely shithouse if you do two, but just think of the additions you could have done with that time wasted; even if it was just 1 more mark. :)
I have to disagree with you there lol. They won't totally ignore the second related material. If they had said 'support your answer with ONE piece" instead of "AT LEAST ONE piece", then perhaps. From the HSC markers I've asked, they've all said doing either one or two related pieces is fine. Both will be marked, and there will be no bias either way. Not to mention, you can analyse two pieces in detail perfectly well in 40 minutes. Your essay has to be dense, but that's not a bad thing :)

For the people who are worried about how much using two texts will affect them, you don't need to! Unless you spoke about them badly, it won't affect you at all.

Epistemophobia

Serenity Painted Death
HSC
elliots said:
very nice to all of u

but i didnt ask for your life stories about how god blessed you with the perfect related text.

can anyone answer my question?

is it going to effect my mark alot?

ha ha ha... good times

Sew2289

HSC
For anyone who did Wilfred owen. Did it mean you had to refer to two other poems besides "Dulce" or "Dulce" +1 other poem. Because I did Dulce +2 others just to be on the safe side.

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
2 from the list . nd dulce was on the list

but im my memoary calls correctly they said atleast?

flemodude

HSC
savio23q said:
I had 2 prepared but time only allowed me to use one. My second one was a bit weaker than the first one so I dont care that i didn't get to use it. I used the short film "Doll Face" (can be viewed on youtube, its about 4-5 mins) and was PLANNING to use The Dove Evolution advertisement.

yeah i had 2 ready aswell...but as soon as i read it i didnt kno what to do...so i just scrapped my second text...but my second text didnt actually relate to world issues...so it was ok...

i used doves evolution ad

flemodude

HSC
yeah it said at least 2 other poems...but i found it hard to relate my 2 poems to dulce as i hadnt really done much analysis of it...

but its over now so no need to worry bout it...

savio23q

Band
HSC
Sew2289 said:
For anyone who did Wilfred owen. Did it mean you had to refer to two other poems besides "Dulce" or "Dulce" +1 other poem. Because I did Dulce +2 others just to be on the safe side.
You didn't have to use "Dulce Et Decorum Est" at all. If you read the question, it asks how the CLOSING LINES of Dulce draw together the central concerns of Owen. Also, it said "at least TWO poems" so it could've been any two of your choosing...you just had to link how the closing lines of Dulce linked to the other two poems. However, Dulce was one of the poems I was gonna include anyways so it made it easier :)

Bottom line, you could've done any two poems.

HSC
Arithela said:
you WILL be punished if you do more than one text if they ask for only ONE! thats like not answering the question
actually it says at least one you will not be penalised if you did two

croucher131

HSC
I was devastated because i thought we would need 2 because friday was pretty straight forward, i spent 3 hours watching the green mile and then another 2 going back and getting quotes and all. And then i find out it was all for nothing.

It was still alrite because i bullshitted something else about my first related text with abuse of power relating abck to truman show and all that jazz. But then for the last module the 2 related texts fucked me. I had to bullshit about a movie id seen once and hope they dont spend to much time making sure its all credible

And i dont really think they will punish you for an extra text, they just wont mark you for it. and not take it into account.

ecd90

HSC
Yeah for strictly in the trials i did pretty well (core + 2 related) and one related text in mondays exam kinda threw me off n made my essay shorter.... .and kind crappier...

ZaraKu

HSC
I did one (The Dead Heart - Midnight Oil) and lucky I remembered that song really well, I wrote for about an hour on it (which is bad seeing as therefore I didn't end up finishing either of my other essays..)

Susieee

HSC
N/A
I interpret this as you can do one and maybe use a second to help your argument. That's what I did anyhow and I ended up using two. How many did you use?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)