Student Exchange Loans (1 Viewer)

Ashleet

HSC
ive noticed a few times on the boards people asking about exchanges, so i thought id post this in a new post.

At the beginning of the year i was talking to the international office at uni about exchange progrms and they gave me a whole heap of info. Then today i received an email with some information about government loans for people interested on going on exchange:

Loans:
The federal government plans to offer a new loan program called OS Help, which would allow eligible Australian undergraduate students to apply for up to $5000 per semester to study overseas on an approved program. The draft proposal can be viewed at this site (click on the Fact Sheet for students):

http://www.dest.gov.au/highered/css/default.htm#6

Please note that the loans will be limited to students who are not in the first or final year of their course at the time of their overseas study. Thus, if you are interested in accessing a loan, it is worthwhile planning your exchange program so that it takes place before your final year of study. We expect application forms to be made available later this semester through our website once the government policy has been finalised.

Hope this info helps anyone planning on going on exchange.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
thanks for the info.......

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Looks like an interesting scheme. That would at least cover airfares and the accomodation costs perhaps?

So it's repaid like HECS but it's not part of HECS. It's a totally different loan. I thought it would be easier if they'd just wack it onto the end of your HECS bill...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)