Student ID card (1 Viewer)

jackmurray1989

Mr Mature
HSC
Does that act as a cityrail concession card by itself or do I need another card for that? It has a little cityrail logo on it but it doesnt say anything about a concession.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Without Wings said:
The little cityrail logo (it's red this year) printed on your card is your concession. Just show your card and you're set.

In future years you will need to get a new sticker from student central to update your concession - they just stick a new sticker over the top of your old one. If I remember correctly to be eligible to get the sticker in future you need to have enrolled in at least 3 subjects in spring and autumn session.
I have never updated my sticker and I always buy a concession when I get the train, although that is not very often.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Without Wings said:
lol fair enough I just hope you don't get caught by a transit officer person who is pedantic about current concession stickers.
I probably caught the train twice in the last year so I think it is unlikely I will have that problem.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Without Wings said:
nah its convenient for me...1 min walk from my house to bus stop, 10 mins tops on bus (its actually probably quicker than driving & parking) and im at uni for $1. cheaper than petrol + parking. If i've got a late class or just cbf'd with public transport I drive.

Train is also good for pub - 2 min walk from my house, 2 mins on train and i get to and from toss for a grand total of $2.40.

Now if I was travelling down from sydney or somewhere...then i'd drive, I couldn't stand public transport for 1 hour plus both ways to get to uni.
It might be convenient but it is still demeaning. Public transport is for poor people, kids not old enough to drive, and old people.

skynet89

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
It might be convenient but it is still demeaning. Public transport is for poor people, kids not old enough to drive, and old people.
lol? i drive but i don't look down on people who catch public transport. i was just reading another thread, perhaps it's because you came from a grammar school.:uhhuh:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
skynet89 said:
lol? i drive but i don't look down on people who catch public transport. i was just reading another thread, perhaps it's because you came from a grammar school.:uhhuh:
perhaps it is because public transport is only for losers

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Your car is polluting my earth you vagina! You're the loser for killing my ozone!

(Hiya! :santa: )

DooGseY

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
You'll change your tune quickly if you ever get a job in the city.

Does anyone that has a job plan on applying for a concession sticker this year? After reading the terms on SOLS (and hearing about this last year) it seems that anyone employed is not elligable for the student rates. AFAIK there's really no way for them to check if you are or not, so I assume you can either just lie or not mention it, but it does kind of suck that they bring in this rule now...

I believe it doesn't apply to austudy students though, so lucky them.

HSC
DooGseY said:

Does anyone that has a job plan on applying for a concession sticker this year? After reading the terms on SOLS (and hearing about this last year) it seems that anyone employed is not elligable for the student rates. AFAIK there's really no way for them to check if you are or not, so I assume you can either just lie or not mention it, but it does kind of suck that they bring in this rule now...

i just rocked up at student central, asked for a concession sticker and got it straight away.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
DooGseY said:

No I won't. Even if I do catch the train I will still think it is for losers.

They don't check. If they ask, which they probably won't, just say you don't have a job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)