Study Timetable templates anyone? (1 Viewer)

simadine1

HSC
Hi, i was just wondering if anyone has a really decent template for a study timetable that they use, because i want to make sure i can get the most out of my limited time.

I've looked on the web, but i want to know what suits people and why.
I would like some early morning sessions included, if that helps

Thanks in advanced :)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
If you want morning sessions, sleep earlier and wake earlier? Make sure you get ATLEAST 8 hours of sleep and preferably 8 and a half since 8 and a half hours if optimum for studying.

Also, I find study templates not very effective but that might be just me since I find it hard to follow a timetable like that.

simadine1

HSC
I know what you mean about being hard to follow, i've tried before. I'm gonna make sure i can be flexible with the timetable.
And i know, i will definetly be making myself get enough sleep.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
One thing. Do you guys take a long break after coming back from school. Or do you get straight into work?

horsefreak

HSC
8 days to go, I'd probably be looking at learning all my essays,
Past papers. And an early night. Considering exams are morning periods.

simadine1

HSC
I'm gonna try get straight to work, so i'm not behind and if anything, in front

horsefreak

HSC
Well how are you going with study atm?
P.s I'm kinda freaked out .

HSC
Don't count the hours specifically (for sleep). Just as long as you are alert and ready to learn the next day, it's fine.

Also, for study timetables, I, personally, rather make a to-do list FOR THE DAY, as it changes each day. This negates the effects of having variable day happenings clashing with a predetermined timetable.

Write down a few 1-4 or so tasks that you aim to complete by the end of the day. Then tick them off as you go. Try to stick to these goals. Don't aim for unrealistic goals, though, as this defeats the purpose.

Also, with Yr12, I recommend using study periods very effectively! If you have many, you can save a LOT of time during the night if you use your study periods effectively! I'm getting 2 hours free per day on average, with some days 1.

simadine1

HSC
Don't count the hours specifically (for sleep). Just as long as you are alert and ready to learn the next day, it's fine.

Also, for study timetables, I, personally, rather make a to-do list FOR THE DAY, as it changes each day. This negates the effects of having variable day happenings clashing with a predetermined timetable.

Write down a few 1-4 or so tasks that you aim to complete by the end of the day. Then tick them off as you go. Try to stick to these goals. Don't aim for unrealistic goals, though, as this defeats the purpose.

Also, with Yr12, I recommend using study periods very effectively! If you have many, you can save a LOT of time during the night if you use your study periods effectively! I'm getting 2 hours free per day on average, with some days 1.
Yeah, i LOVE my studies! I get so much work done in them and i get almost 2 hrs a day in studies.

tutorsaustblog

HSC
As a guide, on weekdays, one subject in the morning, one at night. For the morning sessions, i used to get up at 6:30am and do an hour of studof a theoretical subject like geography as it is easier to read. Subjects where you need to practice like physics or maths, i would leave for after school. Weekends were for writing study notes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)