Studying at Kuring-gai (1 Viewer)

the xc3ption

Maybe its just me but is anyone starting to feel that travelling to the campus abit tedious? Coz I am!!

4 hours a day of travelling, I'm just not getting use to it yet (how can anyone say that i will eventually get use to it?). And theres not much to do on the trains, coz reading the notes on the train gives me a headache and I can't sleep either since they're so uncomfortable.....

Is anyone else getting sick of travelling yet?!?!?!

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
why dont u do sometihng interesting on yuor train. if u have a laptop play games on it, use a DS or read games magazines.

try to sleep if u can on those 2 hhours

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
You might want to consider applying for a transfer to the City campus (if your course is there) at the end of the year if its too much for you.

cj_bridle

HSC
4 HOURS!!!!!!!!! i dont think anyone can get used to that amount of travel a day.. getting ur hwk done is a good idea. but im like you. i get headache's if i read on trains. transfer is looking good

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
I would only go there if I lived in the area.
Though I heard the campus life is really good there. But I guess you can't really go out that much if you then have to go 2hrs home.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hahhahaha.. yeah
i get heaps tired when im travelling there :(
then again im only going to kg twice a week for my nursing subjects :)
so that's not toooo bad! :)

Yeah! there's nothing there, i mainly go to uni and come straight home, thanks to my timetable. The only places to grab food besides the cafeteria are places near lindfield station.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Not that I go to UTS, but I can relate to you in travelling time. I travel to and from uni for up to 6 hours a day (on average). I force myself to read my journals and do homework on the train cause I'm too tired to do anything by the time I get home. Sometimes its a matter of forcing yourself to do things.

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
i sleep or listen to my ipod on the trains... highlighting isnt a good idea on the trains though

EDIT: just read ur location. im from canley so i kinda know how u feel

mz_200sx

hey wild dan.........i got 2 kgai 2.....im from liverpool!
man i hate the travelling it takes me 2 hrs each way as well.......but because my classes start at 2 on tues and every 2nd wed and at 4 on every other wed....i go to the city to break up the travelling.......ill go shopping or have some lunch with some friends! that helps......it makes the travelling a little bit less tedious!

the xc3ption

mz_200sx said:
hey wild dan.........i got 2 kgai 2.....im from liverpool!
man i hate the travelling it takes me 2 hrs each way as well.......but because my classes start at 2 on tues and every 2nd wed and at 4 on every other wed....i go to the city to break up the travelling.......ill go shopping or have some lunch with some friends! that helps......it makes the travelling a little bit less tedious!

hehe it seems alot of people doing the business/tourism/ leisure courses are from the south west,.. which is cool, but i never see anyone else catch the train with me... alothough it would make the trips heaps less boring and tiring.. Are you guys all driving there?

lol cj_bridle transfer is looking amazingly good hehe

Last edited by a moderator:

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
*cough*
what about the nursing students? :p
im from cabra and i travel too :p
my classes start at 9 so its like a 6am wake up for me
haha
i travel alone to uni but travel with a friend back home (yay!!)
pfft i train then bus it to uni :(

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
is there good bush tucker around there?

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
i take the train, apparantly next semester one of my lectures are gonna start at 8am...

"Chubby"

HSC
Wild Dan Hibiki said:
if you're a westie. kg is in a land far far away

lolz.....yeah i am as a matter of fact....its just that im interested in a course that takes place at KG campus...lolz

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
alternatively u can travel to the city..
n e 1 can get to the city easy right?
and goto the broadway campus.. .. goto level 2 and catch the shuttle bus to KG
they come pretty frequent..
ders one every 40 mins to 1 hourish... and they take around 35 mins to 1 hour to get there .. depending on the traffic conditions.. .. ie peak hour obviously takes longer.. etc

too bad these services only from from around 8am to around 5pm
so if you have classes that finish at 6 .. or 7 8 9 etc..
den badluck... write a complaint to uts lol

peace^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)