'Studying' for next year (1 Viewer)

FugitiveGirl

HSC
I realised so many people were studying for next year at my school.. so I was wondering if instead of learning things taught next year early, that maybe I should revise basics. Things such as Yr 8/9/10 maths, surds, trig, logs, formulas; things in English like essays/feature articles/opinion eds/reviews/newspaper articles. Or should I hop into Prelim stuff and make myself look like a genius O: ?

tanna

HSC
No, definitely go for the basics. I'm 99% sure you will need to know them in order to further advance your learning in the area. It's silly to go onto the harder stuff without first learning the basics, imo.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Its the holidays- have fun :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
If your really insistent on doing something and it will make you feel better about being prepared for preliminary then by all means brush up on some basics.

These holidays you have no commits no carry over school work and you start afresh for the senior year. Relax, get things organised and be prepared for a new year rather then being worn out/sick of studying and revising or wishing you hadn't wasted your holidays.

But with that said Kujah couldn't of said it any better. :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I'm sure there are other things you can do. Relax, go out, catch up on DVDs etc. I mean after all as students we are the masters of procastination so now you have free time you can do whatever you want without feeling guilty. :)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
DONT DO IT

for real, don't do it.

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
Kujah said:
Its the holidays- have fun :)
Exaaaaaaaactly *nods ethusiastically* This is the last true "holiday" you will ever have and you should pack in as much joy as you can. Revise a little towards the end if you want, but it isn't vital. You'll realise that you haven't forgotten as much as you would've thought (and wished at times) of the basics. And learning Prelim stuff on your own is murder because it's a completely new ballgame.

Just relax, go out and enjoy what time you can before you buckle down for the next two years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)