Studying Law - would appriciate anyone's input! (1 Viewer)

annaemilia

HSC
N/A
Hey All!

I am relatively new to this forum but have been lurking around for a while and finding alot of good information.

Next semester I am furthering my studies at Bond University (if everything goes to plan).
I am quite the hard-worker, devoted and have a natural drive to fulfill any objectives or tasks when I put my mind to it. BUT I am a quite shy person by nature and I understand that in this specific occupation it requires you to be equipped with the "right personality".

I would really appriciate any feedback but preferably from those with a previous experience of studying Law!

:wave:

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Don't go to Bond. Inter-uni bitching is generally frowned upon here but I'm pretty sure the entire forum is united in the sentiment that Bond is overpriced and self-aggrandizing to the point of nausea.

Re: Your Personality, most lawyers are social cripples with significant mental disorders or alcohol problems. I am not joking in saying this. You'll be fine, uni builds confidence.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Re: personality
Just about every barrister where I work has some kind of weird personality trait. I was waiting for the lift once when a middle-aged, imposing looking man in full robes and a wig burst into song right next to me.

HSC
Hi anna! Law is lawl. That is all.
After a crim tute where some mature age student brought in a whole bunch of printed off statutes, kept refering to obscure textbooks on the optional reading list and went on about statutes governing the sale of hemp when we were originally talking about decriminalisation, I concur.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)