Subject Changes (Legal -> Chemistry) (1 Viewer)

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
At the moment,

I'm doing Legal Studies but I am seriously considering changing to Chemistry.

I would love to do Law in University but I know it's not a prerequisite, and I'm not the best at English. I feel like trying to become better at English will be more stressful than attempting Chemistry. In addition, my Legal Studies teacher isn't the most organised and it's hard to get ahead.

On the other hand, Chemistry is known for being hard - but the content doesn't seem TOO difficult to learn.

I don't want to drop Legal and then regret it because I genuinely like the content yet can't get around organising myself in a more humanities, content-heavy subject.

Any suggestions?

HSC
From what I've heard, Legal Studies is merely a sound intro to Law, certainly not a prerequisite as you rightly point out.

If you're looking to do Law at university I would strongly suggest bettering your English mark. Although I see no reason to lump additional pressure by trying to increase a lacklustre Legal Studies mark, improving English would better position you to excel in a Law-related course where essay writing is essential. Now, as I did Legal Studies I can tell you it does take a bit of work, mostly in keeping up with changes to legislation and the like. Can't comment on Chemistry myself but have heard from some of my friends how difficult it was; only 1 person at my school this year got a Band 6 for it.

Ultimately though the choice is yours. But remember, stick to what you enjoy. There ain't no point in staying with something just because you think it might scale well.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)