Subject Selection for year 11 and 12 to help me become a chiropractor (1 Viewer)

Sxmm

HSC
I am currently in year 10 and debating about the science subjects to choose, at the moment I've chosen advance math, PDHPE, Religion (mandatory because I go to a catholic school), English. I need two more subjects which would help me in my career path to becoming a chiro, I'm currently thinking about doing physics and biology but I would like to hear your input.

quickoats

HSC
The only uni that has a chiro program is Macquarie (assuming you're from NSW). They don't have any prerequisites or assumed knowledge, but they recommend studying Maths Advanced, Chem, Phys, or Bio. Your first year will consist of chem, phys, bio, and anatomy subjects, so doing at least 2 of those sciences will probably be useful looking forward.

I'm not sure if you'll find many (or any) chiro students on this forum - there's only one uni that offers the course and chiropractic is often considered as quackery by the medical and allied health professions (especially physios).

What draws you into chiropractic practice? (nothing wrong with it, just quite a niche thing for a yr10 student)

Sxmm

HSC
The only uni that has a chiro program is Macquarie (assuming you're from NSW). They don't have any prerequisites or assumed knowledge, but they recommend studying Maths Advanced, Chem, Phys, or Bio. Your first year will consist of chem, phys, bio, and anatomy subjects, so doing at least 2 of those sciences will probably be useful looking forward.

I'm not sure if you'll find many (or any) chiro students on this forum - there's only one uni that offers the course and chiropractic is often considered as quackery by the medical and allied health professions (especially physios).

What draws you into chiropractic practice? (nothing wrong with it, just quite a niche thing for a yr10 student)
I really appreciate and will consider your answer, thank you. As for your question, I've been watching chiropractic videos for a pretty long time and the satisfaction of hearing that cracking noise (cavitation) is really a benefit of being a chiropractor. Other than that, I feel like I've born to help people and as my parents get older and as most of this generation gets older I want to be able to lend my hand and help people so that everyone is healthy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)