HSC
I chose:

English Advanced
2U Mathematics
Physics
Business Studies
Software Design and Development
Textiles and Design

Thats some pretty good subjects you've chosen there clever angel :)
You must be a smarty :D :p

Agent Z

HSC
Ive said it before in another thread......noone can tell you if you picked hte right subjects or not....its up to the individual really

You should pick your subjects on:
  • Vocation
  • Interest
  • Ability

You should not pick your subjects based upon:
  • Bludginess
  • Friends

so yeah, it all depends on what you want to do at uni and what your good at. I, for one, would not know how good you are at enlsh or at maths, so i wouldnt be able to say how good your choices are. You,yourself, have to make that decision.

But on the whole, they seem like good subjects to do...although it does depend on what you want to do at uni. I, for one, am not doing any science next year *shock* as I hate it and I dont want to do anything relating to science in uni.
Whats the point in doing something you hate?

Well thats my 2cents

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
yea well i picked my ones based on Agent Z's strategy as well. i chose;

• English (Adv.) Extension 1
  • Math Extension 1
  • Physics
  • Chemistry
  • Business Studies

aussiechica

Hey, can I just say (as a year 12er) I hated Business studies in Yr11, but now I am in love with it
Good luck with your choices-- I hope you like them
Agent Z is right- especially about the bludginess part. Take it from someone who went down that path, sadly the subjects you think are bludgy are actually muchos painful

Okay, Ill get off your yr10 board and back to work now ;)

Agent Z

HSC
Originally posted by aussiechica
Hey, can I just say (as a year 12er) I hated Business studies in Yr11, but now I am in love with it
Good luck with your choices-- I hope you like them
Agent Z is right- especially about the bludginess part. Take it from someone who went down that path, sadly the subjects you think are bludgy are actually muchos painful

Okay, Ill get off your yr10 board and back to work now ;)
haha....wat subject was bludgy for you???

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
pick what you think you will like :) you can alway drop it late in year 12.. also.. dont regret taking the subjects you picked :)
what you picked is what was suitable at the time !

you can alway change within say, the first 3 or so weeks of year 11.. plus i can garuntee you that the subjects get HELL better in year 12 :)

i would agree with agent Z..
i ppicked all science [phys, chem bio] and i got called crazy.. but i really enjoy it :) and now i'm doing alot better tahn they are because i see similar linkages between the three.. dont listen to you friends :) just do what is best for you :)

aussiechica

Agent Z said: haha....wat subject was bludgy for you???

IPT. Then I got to my serious exams and the pain began :(
plus, the blugey teach I had knew nada about IPT, so she was no help. The pain, the pain
Did you take any bludge units?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
i ppicked all science [phys, chem bio] and i got called crazy.. but i really enjoy it :) and now i'm doing alot better tahn they are because i see similar linkages between the three.. dont listen to you friends :) just do what is best for you :)
You are crazy Kimmeh, I dont see how you can link Biology and Physics although biology and chemistry link Ive seen alot more (from my class which includes some who do Bio) links between Chemistry and Engineering Studies, such as metallic bonding (but they Chem doesnt go into grain formation and atomic structure [such as Hexagonal-close paced], and I can understand the formation of polymers through hydrocarbons.

Anyway concerning the topic at hand, I agree pick topics that you enjoy and give them a go, I did Engineering Studies because I thought I would enjoy it (well it would give me an idea if I would enjoy engineering as a profession) and I love it now, can't wait for the Aeronautical Engineering topic.... anyway just remember if you dont like the topics in yr 11 and get bored look at the syllabus for yr 12 and think if you would enjoy that more because some of the preliminary course topics are pretty boring (such as household appliances and landscape products [read: lawnmowers] in Engineering Studies).

KarmaKitten

HSC
The subjects you think will be a bludge eg legal studies, business studies etc. Will not be a bludge, they will actually take up a lot of time and if you hate it, you will end up doing crap. But legal studies is a really good course and quite easy to do well in as long as you do the assessments, practise previous papers etc
Good luck!

jess.g.

My subjects for next yr are

legal
society and culture
math (gen)
english (of course)
photography
drama
cafs

i know i am gonna have fun cause its a good mixture ..........
A GOOD MIXTURE

Think about that cause you dont wanna do the same things every single day cya and goodluck but not too much luck in da school certificate

Last edited:

paki_diva

Originally posted by clever angel
THESE R MY SUBJECTS 4 YR 11

ENGLISH ADVANCED
MATH EXTENSION 1
PHYSICS
CHEMISTRY
BUSINESS STUDIES
LEGAL STUDIES

hey...mine r EXACT SAME subjects...with an intention of dropping bussiness...at the end of yr 11.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by paki_diva
hey...mine r EXACT SAME subjects...with an intention of dropping bussiness...at the end of yr 11.
You shouldn't pick a subject with the intent of dropping it because if you dont like another subject you will be stuck with it to fufil the requirements of a UAI

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Also, you shouldn't pick a subject if your favourite teacher is teaching it....

I chose (last year)
* General Maths
* Advanced English
* Biology
* Chemistry
* Hospitality
* TAFE - Nursing

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A

ENGLISH ADVANCED
MATH EXTENSION 1
PHYSICS
CHEMISTRY
BUSINESS STUDIES
LEGAL STUDIES

NE COMMENTS

REPLY SOON
1) please take your cap locks off, YOU ARE YELLING!
2) english-just read your texts, the SMH and watch news/current affairs programs from abc/sbs
3) cant help ya for maths
4) physics and chem- type up your notes under their syllabus dot points
5) business (and possibly legal, dunno, didnt do it)- just learn your theory, read the business section of the paper, and learn lots of case studies.

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Well for year 11 I did the following subjects-:
Advance English
Business Studies
Economics
Legal Studies
Modern History
Information Technology

Advance English you will find is a lot harder than year 10 English. I was always able to cruise through English however that has dramatically changed. If your thinking of going to university its a good idea to do advance.

Business Studies I found was really good. It is a basic subject and it is not hard to get good marks in it. However there is a large amount of content to get through in both year 11 and 12 so be prepared for that if you decide to do it.

Economics I found is challenging. Its hard, as you need to know the theories involved in all the topics. However it does scale very well (you shouldnt pick a subject however simply because it scales well). Be prepared to work in this subject though as you cannot bludge.

Legal studies is interesting. Its similar to business studies in the sense that there is a lot of content to learn. It is quite easy though to attain high marks in it. Case studies are really important in legal studies. If you study legal then you should always be looking in the newspaper for relevant articles.

Modern History is brilliant. It is extremely interesting. You should do a bit of research into who's teaching it though as I have a really good teacher that makes it really interesting. If youre thinking of doing modern you should consider your essay skills, as you need to know how to write a really good essay.

Do not pick IT. This subject is designed for people who do not know how to turn a computer on, well thats my view. It is extremely boring and I have personally dropped it for year 12. Also being a category B subject it wont do your UAI any favours.

Hope this helps. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions on the listed subjects.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC

ENGLISH ADVANCED
MATH EXTENSION 1
PHYSICS
CHEMISTRY
BUSINESS STUDIES
LEGAL STUDIES

NE COMMENTS

REPLY SOON
u will have a lot to learn, so keep up to date with your notes and summaries!

PrettyNoose

HSC
ARGHH im doing
maths ext 1
english ext 1
chem
religion...or whatever....

and i CANT CHOOSE BETWEEN modern/eco/geo
AND ancient history/physics/bio....
please help.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Originally posted by PrettyNoose
and i CANT CHOOSE BETWEEN modern/eco/geo
AND ancient history/physics/bio....
please help.
Well which do you think you'd go best in? Which do you enjoy most?
If you went well in history this year in terms of remembering things easy and enjoy the wars and all that, then amybe you should do modern.
If you're good at maths and science do physics. I dunno really; it all comes down to your capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)