Successful flexible entry application to USYD's BA (Media and Communications) (1 Viewer)

Neologism

HSC
WOW - this is pure brilliance! Thank you SO MUCH Jaimebien. Definitely proven to be beneficial for future years, as I am reading it now ;) I am aiming for the 98.50 ATAR, but think I will fall low but 1-2. How can you build a portfolio and get experience etc to write to apply for flexible if you'd never done anything like that before ;/ Is it possible to find some kind of really good experience in the industry anywhere at all in Sydney after HSC, so like real soon? I don't want to miss out on this course :( But I don't want to have to transfer and do B Arts either...

fionarykim

HSC
Thanks for the information!

Just a quick question
So i want to do Media and Communications at USYD
But for this course, besides becomming a journalist what other job opportunities are there? :S

moocow920

HSC
Does anyone know whether this would be the best degree at sydney for PR and marketing? I am doing some PR work experience but thats pretty much all i will have on my application besides my personal statement, so I'm worried, and this artcile seems to mainly talk about it relating to journalism. i know of courses at UTS and UNSW but going to USYD is something i really want

USYDjessa

HSC
Uni Grad
My friend is currently doing the BA(MECO) to pursue her interests in PR and marketing, and it's a great course for that, they provide assistance for getting internships etc (she has had 3 different internships through the course and connections she's made). "The Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications) prepares graduates for a range of careers, in fields such as marketing, advertising, editing, public relations, industrial relations, management, sales, tourism, administration, public service, and community work" (taken from the course page)

I work on the USYD helpline too, so if you have any questions we can definitely help out. 1300 362 006

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)