suicide rates can increase after uai results (1 Viewer)

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
Without Wings said:
I didn't say it was related to holidays and people get depressed because they have family etc, I said it was related to times of economic downturn - such as losing a job, or having to spend large quantities of money that you can't really afford etc (such as christmas).
yeah, i didn't really read your post properly :)

7th Sign

HSC
true you really do feel like shit when you try pretty hard then get a shit uai in the 60s then your parents give shit to you but who would seriously kill them selves over a bad uai or some bitchey parents...weak people obviously

elisabeth

HSC
I guess people who commit suicide over something like the HSC can't step back and see the big picture. What's the worst that can result from a bad mark?

Shame from the family? Being kicked out? Your family should love you unconditionally and it's really horrible if that doesn't happen, but after time, they'll get over it and if not, you're probably better off without them. If you are unfortunately forced to leave home because of it, I'm sure centrelink would be able to help. That income can also be supplemented by working.

Not getting into uni? Sure, the UAI is the easiest way in. But there are so many other ways if you have the patience, work ethic and determination.

Loss of face, people thinking you're stupid? Look, I won't pretend that the UAI counts for nothing and is meaningless. A high UAI generally demonstrates a sound knowledge of subjects studied and an ability to memorise, learn and understand. So whilst a good UAI can be related to intelligence, a bad UAI doesn't prove that you're not smart - just that you didn't do well in the exams and assessments. That can depend on IQ, amount of study and effort and hundreds of other external factors.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Suicide...

When i step back and look, I see people cringing from the subject, people crying for others not to commit such an act.

And i think: What's so wrong about suicide?

Sorry guys, that was supposed to be a comment, not a real question. I've asked people the same and i haven't got any nice, deep answers yet. Maybe you guys can help me

"People have said that when someone dies, others they know will be sad. So what, do i live for the sake of others? Is that my purpose, to live and keep OTHERS happy?"

That's just one argument i've heard from a real person. I'm happy to say he's still alive, by some miracle...

However, here is my message: To the people out there who are considering suicide, you should think for a moment. Death is something that we will never understand. Think about that. It's a big, dark void, one where you will be ensnared in forever. Death isn't actually a thing at all, it is merely the absence of life. Shadows aren't anything, just the absence of light. When you die, POOF, you just disappear. And that doesn't scare the shit out of you? Sure, we all die eventually, but why die scared?

Someone once told me that people are only afraid of death because they haven't lived life properly.

So if you're gonna die, live life first. Entering the void without a content mind... that's just suck.

Just my thoughts...

P_D

chellzi

HSC
Hi,
I've been in a psychiatric hospital before. When faced with that situation sometimes its hard to see the full picture. You see your situation and think you can't get out. Its not something you do to keep others happy or hurt other people. Its such a personal thing and many people don't even think of their family or friends when they do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)