Switching courses- when and how can I do it? (1 Viewer)

8oH

HSC
Hi! I'm currently first-year studying B Media (screen and sound) and for reasons I want to change to B Arts/Education (Secondary).

Am I able to do this next semester, or do I have to wait for the new year?

Also, who am I able to speak to about finding out whether of my units of credit from Media will be able to be counted in the new course? I remember something about a careers helper person on campus but I can't remember the details or if this is something that would be relevant to them.

I'm also a bit confused as to how switching courses would work - still looking into it, but does anyone know if I would have to re-enroll, if starting next semester would mean doing the 4 years and then finishing the course halfway through the year, etc?

Thank you :)

HSC
N/A
You're transferring within the Faculty of Arts, it may be easier to talk with your Student Office: https://www.arts.unsw.edu.au/contact-us/
You may want to check out the Internal Program Transfer: https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/program_transfer/InternalProgramTransfer.html

It doesn't look like any of the subjects that are core for your current single degree is included or can be counted as an elective for your future dual degree. Therefore, it will be another 4 years after a successful transfer.

8oH

HSC
Thank you very much for your help!

Sorry to bug you with a further question - I'm now wondering whether it's possible to transfer to the education + arts course at USYD for semester 2. My concern is that staying at UNSW for the whole year and then moving to USYD in year 2 would mean that my WAM is taken into account instead of my ATAR. Is it possible to transfer to an entirely different course in another uni to start in semester 2?

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you very much for your help!

Sorry to bug you with a further question - I'm now wondering whether it's possible to transfer to the education + arts course at USYD for semester 2. My concern is that staying at UNSW for the whole year and then moving to USYD in year 2 would mean that my WAM is taken into account instead of my ATAR. Is it possible to transfer to an entirely different course in another uni to start in semester 2?
If you apply for transfer this year to USYD, only your ATAR will be taken into consideration regardless of your performance this year at UNSW since you haven't completed 1 years (48 uoc) worth of study. The Semester 2 offers will be released during the final exam period (25th of June iirc). Note that only your raw ATAR will be taken in, no bonus points etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)