• No

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Absolutely.

I was just going to make a thread about this. Good Friday is a religious holiday that has no relevance to approximately half of the population as we become a more secular society. If I want to go and have a punt on Good Friday, why should I be prevented? It's not like the TAB will force Christians to work if they feel uncomfortable. I don't prevent Christians from going to church, don't prevent me from doing what I want do to?

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
other than iron, does anybody give a shit? lol

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I was watching the news about it recently.

Religious people think it will steer people away from thier families, how that works is beyond me, if they are religious, wtf are they doing gambling?

History Buffs believe Foot Soldiers Gambled at Jesus' feet for his clothes.No wonder he only had a loincloth on.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
The Jews have to do something to celebrate the killing of a mere mortal. And the Muzzos must celebrate the death of a flawed 'prophet'. So why should the TAB not be open? :confused:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
This reminds me of those laws in some states of the US that forbids the sale of alcohol on Sundays.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok, seriously. The Catholic religion seems to dictate what we do and can't do such as open the TAB on Good Friday which isn't very "religious". I mean, Australia doesn't stop and participate in Ramadan with the Islamic groups.

TBH I don't see why there is a big fuss. It's just the Catholics complaining about something they don't like, as per usual. Even my parents who are strict Catholics, don't give a shit about the TAB opening on Good Friday. Even though I'm Catholic, this doesn't offend my religion or make me outrages. The TAB is a business that maybe because of the recession is using all the time they can get to open for business?

You don't hear the Orthodox groups complaining like hell when our stores and TABs are open on their Christmases and Easter days.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Personally I wouldn't give a shit, as long as its not my money they're using

Why doesn't your gf like it?

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I didn't say I had a gf lol. :) I was just speaking from experience.

Some might say my racing passion could have something to do with that. I like long walks on the beach, romantic dinners... and leaving you all day Saturday to watch horses doesn't seem to work well for some reason.

And the ones that are at the track are too bogan to ever go out with. Appearance is all well and good, but I would rather an intelligent conversation. Both would be great lol.

Move thread to L&R asap?

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
apparently the catholics think condoms hinder the fight against aids in africa lol

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't say I had a gf lol. :) I was just speaking from experience.

Some might say my racing passion could have something to do with that. I like long walks on the beach, romantic dinners... and leaving you all day Saturday to watch horses doesn't seem to work well for some reason.

And the ones that are at the track are too bogan to ever go out with. Appearance is all well and good, but I would rather an intelligent conversation. Both would be great lol.

Move thread to L&R asap?
Lol I can just imagine the thread name.
"Do chicks like guys that leave them on saturdays to watch the races?"

I myself haven't been to the races, but I do watch the occasional Melbourne cup on the TV haha don't know much about betting/book making/horse racing etc.

I wouldn't mind the 'being left alone on Saturday' thing. Free day to go shopping :D haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)