TAFE to Uni in an unrelated field (1 Viewer)

Adrian.

HSC
Hi, this semester I'm doing my cert. III in IT and in second semester I'll be doing my cert. IV (in either networking, web design or programming). Does anyone know if it'd be possible to transfer to uni after second (ie next year) semester into something not computer related (BA or some financial type course)?
Newcastle is my local uni but I'd prefebly like to move to Sydney. Do they calculate your mark as a UAI or is there some other scheme? Also how likely is it to happen?

Thank you.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Ok, what happens is they take your GPA and convert it into a rank(vaguely like the UAI process). They then average this with your UAI, and this average is the what they will use to determine whether you meet the cut-offs or not. Not all universities take Certificate 4 results though, instead many require a completed Diploma or higher if you want your TAFE results included. Usyd and Unsw are some of the unis that doesn't take Cert 4s.

As regarding the different fields thing, its perfectly fine - you might not get any credit(advanced standing) for your studies though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)