teacher problem (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
wat can u do if ur teacher happens to b one of those unhelpful ones who are unapproachable?

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
i'll go and tell my parents so that they can go and talk to the head about it. That was exactly what I did

What exactly is your case?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
its just that my economics subject is my worst subject and im really determined to improve but its difficult when the teacher is so disorganised and u haf to rely on yourself to an extent where u just want to give up. thats basically it but i got lucky with my other subjects, my teachers are great in those cases. i wouldnt want to raise a fuss abt it but i guess i should if i want to c some change. im doing everything i can on my own to study but as much as ppl may deny it, a teacher is extrmeley important in all cases.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
its just that my economics subject is my worst subject and im really determined to improve but its difficult when the teacher is so disorganised and u haf to rely on yourself to an extent where u just want to give up. thats basically it but i got lucky with my other subjects, my teachers are great in those cases. i wouldnt want to raise a fuss abt it but i guess i should if i want to c some change. im doing everything i can on my own to study but as much as ppl may deny it, a teacher is extrmeley important in all cases.
seek help from eco teachers or do speak to the head of the social sciences dept about your concern. they may be able to help you.

but remain anonymous for the time being - it's in your best interests.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
the head teacher (if possible) is even less helpful than my own teacher. my god, i dropped business studies cause my teacher was so incompetant and the class was so uncontrollable and rowdy. the head teahcer did nothing wen i went to c him for help so i simply dropped the subject. as u can i tell, i go to an extremely crappy skool with very little motivation among the students so its difficult wen ur a minority trying to achieve as much as possible in ur own studies. i will remain quiet but i dont want to put my most important year at risk wen i noe its only one subject that im struggling in.

Lainee

HSC
Are there other ppl in your class that feel the same way? If so, you can try writing a petition to the principal (I remember something of the sort happening when I was in yr9) asking for a change of teachers (although, the setback would be some short-term disruption in your class timetables while they scramble to find a fill-in). And if that fails, ie. your principal ignores it, ask your parents to write a 'I am deeply concerned...' letter.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yeah but the disruption is my biggest fear as it may not be worth it

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yup, as i sed im doing everything i can here independently so tutoring was first on the list

Lainee

HSC
Is there only one economics class at your school?

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
yeah, i would also recommend tutoring. This is what i did for Physics, English and Chem..becos my teachers were the worst you could ever get. I didn't learn anything at school, all by tutoring or myself. I worked independently.
Maths was the only thing that i really did at school.
for me, i complained and complained all through year 11/12, but then finally gave up!! b'cos they won't do anything about it!

so yeah..either complain about your teacher to someone like the head teacher or the leading teacher or someone or get tutored.

Last edited:

Lainee

HSC
Well.. all i can say is that if u're seriously worried that this teacher is going to adversely affect ur performance.. then I say that 'disruption' might be the better way to go. It's better than suffering for a whole year and being dissatisfied with your marks.

The good thing about my school is that there's actually *three* eco classes, so when my prelim teacher retired and our class got a really inexperienced stand-in teacher, I got a transfer letter as quickly as I could!

Lainee

HSC
Originally posted by perfectionist
yeah, i would also recommend tutoring. This is what i did for Physics, English and Chem..becos my teachers were the worst you could ever get. I didn't learn anything at school, all by tutoring or myself. I worked independently.
Maths was the only thing that i really did at school.
for me, i complained and complained all through year 11/12, but then finally gave up!! b'cos they won't do anything about it!

so yeah..either complain about your teacher to someone like the head teacher or the leading teacher or someone or get tutored.
Yeah, tuition for the time being would be the best idea. But think of all the hours you waste sitting in that class and learning absolutely nothing! If there's nothing else that can be done, basically u'll be wasting estra study time learning things in tuition that u really should be learning in school!

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
oh, and continuing from my post - get private tutoring, if you can. it's better than group tutoring, because YOUR learning is the main focus :) good luck!!

[if the tutor's crap as well, fire him/her asap and get a better one, don't waste your time/money -_-]

Lainee

HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
[if the tutor's crap as well, fire him/her asap and get a better one, don't waste your time/money -_-]
Agree. There are so many crap tutors out there (is it just me, or do all med dropouts become tutors sooner or later? :)) Alot of ppl just go to tuition to sit there under false hopes that knowledge would just seep into their brains through osmosis instead of making good use of their time and money. Private tuition - best way to go about it. That, or put together a good group of students and bug eco teachers from other schools. Might work!

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lainee
Yeah, tuition for the time being would be the best idea. But think of all the hours you waste sitting in that class and learning absolutely nothing! If there's nothing else that can be done, basically u'll be wasting estra study time learning things in tuition that u really should be learning in school!

On top of this..my classes were extremly disruptive, b;cos people are/were not into studies where i went! So yeah, i usually used to focus on my work rather than listen to any teachers, b'cos it was very useless!
It's very frustrating to go to school..why go when it is pointless...! but yeah its over for me!!
also i took heaps of half days whenever i had last lessons with teachers who becer taught(well most didnt!)

Last edited:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah Id recommend tutoring, and use the fact that they're all going to fail and your not as motivation. Don't worry about wasted class time, just go by the syllabus and work independently during ur classes on new dotpoints that you can go through with your tutor later.

is a roflcopter
HSC
i had the most bumfucked english teacher in year 11

problem solved after lettesr from parents to principal and head of english department from about 8 people in class

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)