teachers and skools for bio (1 Viewer)

*ccs*

what skools are everyone from and do u all have good teachers or ones that just dont know what they are doing for bio?

Oso

Biotechnician in Training
HSC
Tuggerah Lakes Secondary College: The Entance Campus. (damn that's a mouthful)
Yeah I think I've had the best Bio teacher this year. It shows too, his classes beat all the other classes in our school.
So cheers to Mr Matheson!

*ccs*

Im from Bossley Park High..my teacher ms Boulos is an angel and taught me everything i know....as for the other class who's teacher shall remain nameless..i went up to him this morning and im like sir we have our test today and he goes what test in a dum sounding voice... i say bio and he goes o and in class test and im like NO hsc sir, remember u have a class in it and hes like ohhh ok did u study and im like.....no duh..i didnt...stupid man im glad i dont have him....thanx miss b ur the best :) xo

Kirika

HSC
you think 14 is small?? its one of my biggest classes and there are four of us! our teacher is only first year mind u thats oonly coz she spent 10years ( no, literally 10) at uni getting her doctorate... i assume she knows what she is doing.

Kyroth***

HSC
We have 2 classes. Both teachers are really nice (mostly) and know their stuff, but they aren't the best teachers. Mine covers a reasonable depth, but leaves things out. The other covers everything, but skims it all. In yr11 (inc term4) we had the most legend teacher, where every class FELT like a bludge, but you came away knowing everything! But then he had to go and retire...
So yeah, could have done better, but didn't do badly.

Oso

Biotechnician in Training
HSC
Well I guess because we're 3 schools put into one we have more people than you guys... We have (I think) 5 classes, 2-Mr Matheson, 2-Mrs Shields, 1-Mr Andrews...

*ccs*

Kirika said:
you think 14 is small?? its one of my biggest classes and there are four of us! our teacher is only first year mind u thats oonly coz she spent 10years ( no, literally 10) at uni getting her doctorate... i assume she knows what she is doing.
wow thats a small class...we have 2 classes of 20...!! but i guess thats coz we r one of the biggest skools in NSW..i guess it'd b good to have a small class coz its more like 1 on 1 time....i really dont know what its like

Zali

HSC
coffs harbour senior college. bob edgars my teacher best teacher in the world he was actually asked to go work with the people in florense when they found the hobit.

Kirika

HSC
put it this way, my biggest class is 12 and that was english. there are 5 in maths, 6 in business, 4 in legal and bio and just me in ancient. oh and thats including the people at other school coz legal and maths ar done thru other schools and ancient is by distance...

dumbralph

HSC
shit we have like 127 people doing bio in our year...(we have bout 500 ppl in our year....which is the biggest year in NSW) so thats about what...10 classes...i dont knwobut yeah SFX (St francis Xavier's college) is kkool

_Mave_

HSC
127, thats a shit load, our year was considered one of the biggest and we only just break thirty, the majority of my classes have four people in them (I don't do bio btw, yr 10 put me off it, physics is much better :)) Sry about posting in a subject I don't do but I could not resist (I have friends who do bio).

Last edited:

Blackroze

HSC
*ccs* said:
what skools are everyone from and do u all have good teachers or ones that just dont know what they are doing for bio?
I'm from Belmont High School, my biology teacher is fantastic. She has taught the course for a rather long time and is very familiar with it, not to mention exceptionally efficient . Woot Mrs Filby! Very inspiring woman.

HSC
hey i got a grand total of 4 in my bio class - that's for the whole year (we only have one class in yr 12 of 26 ppl). The teacher just flies through the syllabus and we end up not knowing about half of what we're doing.

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
Canterbury girl's... Ms Delmas... A great and funny one, she's awesome, her teaching is easy to understand, succinct and rememberable... We all love her ^^

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
Kirika said:
put it this way, my biggest class is 12 and that was english. there are 5 in maths, 6 in business, 4 in legal and bio and just me in ancient. oh and thats including the people at other school coz legal and maths ar done thru other schools and ancient is by distance...
Well, let me add Noor Al Houda Islamic College and myself to the "small classes list":
My eng class is 12 too, our biology class has 7, so its not the smallest here, but physics, chemistry and 3u maths all have 4 students in them.

bearing in mind that the year 12s are all up 19 students, i guess 4 in a class would be expected, especially for those 3.

oops, i think i went off topic! ok my biology teacher, Mrs. Mathur did a heck of a good job considering the shit we put her through (late to class, ect.), but any kid could tell that she'd be teaching us over the young 'uns any day. she also happens to be our chemistry teacher (our bio teacher left at the beginning of year 12, so we were kinda thrust upon this teacher), so i manage to see her sometimes for 4 classes in a day.

Mrs. Mathur, you rock (hopefully it's the same for chem...)

leumas_au

My teacher, at Asquith Boys High School, is Vadi Thamarajah. She gave us so many hard tests in our two years of Biology, especially this year in preperation for the HSC. If you could actually understand her, she was a great teacher. Thanks Mrs V, I owe you.
*thankful he didnt spend too long studying for an exam that didnt test most of the syllabus*

Bush Elephant

KCAHS - about 20 in our bio class.. we had an excellent teacher in year 11 and we also had him for the 1st term in year 12.. then he took long service leave >_< and we got another excellent teacher who would grind the info into our heads.... she would kill about 20 trees every lesson 2 photocopy notes and print stuff out.. i have a pile about 30cm thick of notes she gave us.... (i'm gonna burn em good :D ) and all the notes were just extra info... bloody hell.... it all paid off though :)

lozz98

HSC
haha i think i beat ya all!!! IM THE ONLY ONE!!!! HAHA...but i do my work through VC's (correspondence type) and all up in that there is like about 10 or something but i still win with ONE at my skewl!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)