• Got 5 minutes? We want to hear from you!
    The Bored of Studies user survey is now open to ALL past and present members!
    Tell us what you think for a chance to win a $100 JB Hi-Fi gift voucher!
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Tell me if this is a good choice of subjects! (1 Viewer)

yodela123

HSC
I need to choose subjects for Year 11 and I'm panicking because I don't know what to choose!
I have a few combinations but I'm planning on doing these subjects for HSC:
- Math 4u
- English Advanced
- Music Extension
- Latin Extension

I've always been told that < subjects are better, so this is what I've got. Is it a good combination though? I'm not sure how hard Latin is going to get...
Let me know!

AKONS

HSC
Does your school have a unit limit for year 11?

RossoneriAU

HSC
If you're hesitant about Latin, I'd honestly recommend Italian/French Beginners if you are passionate about languages, and would prefer a subject that isn't overly difficult yet has decent scaling. I feel that your combo is pretty good because it doesn't have too many heavy theory subjects such as physics or the HSIE subjects, but it's ultimately up to you. As AKONS said, prioritise the subjects that you really love and the ones that you think you'll do well in.

In regards to 4u maths, have fun lol

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
Have u already been studying latin and got good results? If not you prob shouldn't do extension or maybe latin at all. It's pretty risky to choose a language you aren't already good at especially if you're doing distance ed since it's not the best way to learn. Also idk about music extension, I'm personally against doing weird subjects and would rather do stuff that a lot of other people do/have done for the resources and also the content will prob be better and have a better syllabus. An example of this is bio vs eco (although a lot of ppl do bio) bio has a very broad syllabus that is hard to study with while eco is a harder subject but has a better syllabus in my opinion where it is very clear to see what you need to know for the HSC/tests.

yodela123

HSC
Latin will be very hard. It is the highest scaling language, and scales nearly as well as 4u maths (i believe, according to the hsc scaling document). That's a lot of extensions, good luck! As long as you like them, go for it.
I know!! It's so riskyyyy. I've been doing Music since I was really young so I'm confident in it so I really only have to focus on English, Math and Latin

idkkdi

HSC
I know!! It's so riskyyyy. I've been doing Music since I was really young so I'm confident in it so I really only have to focus on English, Math and Latin
You need chemistry for med.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)