Tempest and the process of speculation (1 Viewer)

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
The core text im studying this year is tempest, and im just curious as to how well it fit in with the question asked? Vaguely what sort of things did you argue for it linking?

!Solskjaer!

HSC
Have you started looking at The Tempest yet?

Have you any idea what it's even about?

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
No, but knowing what to look out for gives me a start for what i should put most emphasis in?

is2SWaNz

HSC
There is alot in the Tempest. It's all about deconstructing it and along with the teachers help.

Prospero's art, magic and charms. Ariel, spirits, Caliban... and all those sorts of stuff are part of what you're looking for. Well... my school is focusing on that bit for the moment.

Forky

Forkmeister
HSC
we've just started looking at the tempest too.

so far the main things we've extracted are the concept of 'controlled destiny', the emphasis on sleep, music, dreams, art; the juxtaposition of Ariel and Caliban and what they represent and the presence of heaps and heaps of binary opposites.
We haven't got to the bit where we actually link it to imaginative journeys, but i went to HSC lectures on the tempest and my other texts and one guy mentioned five types of journeys. off the top of my head - 1. Dreams 2. Metaphor for Personal/Moral Growth and thats all i can remember.

Sweety pie12

HSC
tempest for imaginative journey ayy
im doing that too
unsure if this ahs been asked but do you have a specific question
we've been asked how it relates to change...
if not you just get all the info of the tempest possible
try the library i got heaps of books :haha: yes i know im super cool
but hey it helps

lucky89

=)
HSC
Forky said:
we've just started looking at the tempest too.

so far the main things we've extracted are the concept of 'controlled destiny', the emphasis on sleep, music, dreams, art; the juxtaposition of Ariel and Caliban and what they represent and the presence of heaps and heaps of binary opposites.
We haven't got to the bit where we actually link it to imaginative journeys, but i went to HSC lectures on the tempest and my other texts and one guy mentioned five types of journeys. off the top of my head - 1. Dreams 2. Metaphor for Personal/Moral Growth and thats all i can remember.
hey i think i was at that lecture:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)