Textbook Questions (1 Viewer)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Does anyone actually do these?

= Jennifer =

HSC
no...

i dont even look at my textbook not even for notes, our class notes are better much more easier to understand than heinemann

Ziff

HSC
N/A
We make notes from the textbook and occasionally get notes from the teacher in class...

Sign, I guess I'm going to have to rely on the good old internet this year for all my Legal Studies needs... hurrah for Wikipedia!

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Wkipedia? ....do tell

yeah i agree heinmann is SHIZER! they make everything complicated when it's not...i agree with jen, class notes and listening to lessons r the best

Ziff

HSC
N/A
www.wikipedia.org
It's an online open-source encyclopaedia, it has a lot of American stuff in there which is still sort of relevant, especially when they talk about the historical basis of it in British law and they also have quite a bit of British stuff there too... even the odd bit of Australian law!

The biggest problem is you get off topic, away from the syllabus for hours and do nothing but read other law related stuff... a word of advice - DON'T GET LOST READING ABOUT THE EUROPEAN UNION! It's long, complex, huge, and extremely interesting lol :D

Heinemann sucks and doesn't cover some things properly, e.g. legal positivism, covered poorly. Look it up on yahoo or google and read the USYD article on it, that's really good.

What's the Maq. study guide like? I flicked through it and it looks better than Excel plus it's cheaper...

adamj

I had the McMillan. Never answered any questions from it, they were way out of reach to actually understand them.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Yeah i have that textboook, the questions in there seem.. odd??
Never do them unless i have to

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Heinemann was way better than MacMillan. Macmillan sucked! I also used Longman which was good for some things. I did practice questions out of the Macqaurie and Excel studyguides.

adamj

Smart idea, that's another reason Ms 12 did very well in Legal Studies.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
My school had better give me my book vouchers soon or I'm going to snap!

Then I'll buy some study guides :D

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah Macquarie is very good (its law & society section lacks a bit, but not too bad), excel is good too (the best in the excel series, imo) but you definitely can't rely on one textbook for everything

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
excel book is aiight. its got example questions n past papers in it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)