The 2004 HSC - (Advanced) English Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
First to post the paper (scanned or typed) gets rep ...

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
How has your perception of Transformations/ In the Wild been illuminated by your comparative study of the prescribed texts?

Considering your time and place, reflect on the ways in which context has shaped your critical interpretation of the prescribed text.

In your response, refer to TWO extracts/poems from your prescribed text.

The title of your presentation is Visions and Version of Telling the Truth/History and memory/powerplay.

In your presentation,. Explore how and for what purpose composers create their particular visions and versions.

Refer to your prescribed text and at least TWO other related texts of your own choosing.

S

Shuter

Was an ok paper, I didn't mind it all except the first question.

CrashOveride

HSC
Transofmrations question was good. it seems i only go good when i memorise the essay.

harwood totally sucked

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
One was a reflection which isn't an essay, indeed you get to use personal pronouns to explain your context.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Rush152 said:
Anyone else think that we got it easy for our HSC?

2 essays and one speech now hows that..
totally agree..AOS was really open..and so was paper 2! i'm cheering! it's over! and i'm so over english! it's gone!!!

grimreaper

HSC
the module B question was absolutely terrible... oh and I dont agree xayma, although you can answer that kind of question with personal pronouns, etc you dont have to

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
Xayma said:
One was a reflection which isn't an essay, indeed you get to use personal pronouns to explain your context.
Geez sorry "reflection" lol. Yeah i reckon we did get it a bit easy for paper 2, with the exception of the king lear question :(

(feels sorry for next year's HSC'ers)

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
i rekon that was a fairly reasonable paper, much like paper 1, it gave us the opportunity to show what we know.. the only thing i didnt like was in king lear how we were sposed to refer to 2 key extracts, they cud hav just sed with substantial textual evidence or something. oh well its over hooray!

HSC
:p not looking good, didnt finish the module C question...my english is gonna scale my uai so low :(

wind

HSC
Yeah, my hand cramped up during the paper >.<

Soompi_sux_ass

HSC
27 pages of pure crap - omg kill me noooooooowwwwwwww

i also used random words like 'juxtaposed' i have no idea what this means

lolly_161

yeah i thought it was an okay and talk about a hand cramp...my god! writing 23 pages sucks! well i did two essay type answers and a speech .... i hope i didnt have to do a reflection...lol. OOPS!

i hated the king lear question but it looked like every other person did too so im glad im not alone.....2 EXAMS DOWN 4 TO GO! yay!

LaUrEn
xoxoxo

winicat

HSC
it was okay. i left, like, 25 minutes early thoughcause i got really bored and couldn't be bothered doing anymore lol i went so crap and it was so easy *groan* meh, i don't care. oh, and whoever said 2 essays and speech was good, we were soooo lucky! usually they've done 3 text types. we were hoping for radio interview for 'in the wild', essay 'critical study' and speech/presentation 'telling the truth' ... almost got it! lol

ZzJasonzZ

Question 1 - Elective 1: Transofmations

How has your perception of Transfomations been illuminated by your comparitive study of your prescribed texts?

Question 2 - Elective 2: In the Wild

How has your perception of In the Wild been illuminated by your comparitive study of your prescribed texts?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question 3 - William Shakespeare, The tradegy of King Lear

"Interpretations of texts can shirt and change with time and place"

Considering your time and place. reflect on the ways in which context has shaped your critical interpretaion of the precribled text

In your reponse, refer to TWO extracts from your prescribed text.

Question 4 - Prose Fiction

Considering your time and place. reflect on the ways in which context has shaped your critical interpretaion of the precribled text

Question 5 - Drama - Richard Brinsley Sheridan, The School for Scandal

Question 6 - Film - Orson Welles, Citizen Kane

Question 7 - Poetry

In your reponse, refer to TWO poems from you have studied.

Question 8 - Nonfiction - Speeches

In your reponse, refer to TWO speeches you have studied.

Question 9 - Multimedia - ATSIC Website

In your reponse, refer to TWO sections of the ATSIC website you have studied.

Question 10 - Multimedia - Deena Larsen, Samplers: Nine Vicious Little Hypertexts

In your reponse, refer to TWO hypertexts you have studied.

Question 11 - Nonfiction - Jung Chand, Wild Swans

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question 12 - Elective 1: Telling the Truth

You are the keynote speaker at a conference for young writers and directors.

The title of your presentation is: Visions and Versions of Telling the Truth

In your presentation, explore how and for what purpose composers create their particular visions and versions

Refer to your prescribed text and at least TWO other related texts of your own choosing

Question 13 - Elective 2: Powerplay

The title of your presentation is: Visions and Versions of Powerplay

In your presentation, explore how and for what purpose composers create their particular visions and versions

Refer to your prescribed text and at least TWO other related texts of your own choosing

Question 14 - Elective 3: History and Memory

The title of your presentation is: Visions and Versions of History and Memory.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Pfft I beat you both not only that mine is more efficient.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)