The 2004 HSC - Industrial Technology Paper (1 Viewer)

SweetSeasons

HSC
how can we post it when we had to hand the exam paper in, along with our answers?

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
yeah... we could make our own one up and pretend hahahaha

Question 1- Name an emerging technology that could be used to destroy the
Board of Studies people who made the exams up.

Question 2- How would this emerging technology effect the HSC industry?

Last edited:

stevo_racing

i thought it was quite good... i filled up just about everu line and i fink i answered all questions correctly..... i passed... probally the only subject i will but. hahaha :)

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
man how easy was this paper! all u had to do was grab a hammer and stick a few nails in, the odd bit of super glue and she'll be right! bobs a builder for shizzle!!!

Italia

HSC
i would have been alright...but my school didn't teach us the entire coarse.......we were running late with our major works cause our stupid teacher gave us no time to work on it, i did most of min in the last 3 weeks, after our teacher was sacked and our co-ordinator took over....... so we basically had our trials then after tht 3-4 weeks to learn a years worth of stuff.....our year worked out of that exam room knowing we did shit as we didn't no half the shit..... my school has alot to answer for!!!!!!!! its the fantastic, well reputated "GOOD SAMARTAN CATHOLIC COLLEGE". don't let this school trick you by the state of the art industrail buildings , its only for show. By saying this the education level in other subjects is excellent. But if you want to go to this school for industrail technology, prepare to fail!!!!!!!!

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Dude, I think everyone did the same thing as you. We just worked on our majors and then in the last few weeks learnt the theory stuff ... ITM was like 99% practical. I'm not saying that u werent disadvantaged with ur teacher and all but a lot of ppl spent the last few weeks leaning the practical... The test Itself was shit... we finished the course but didnt learn everything that was on the test either... and if u look through the threads I'm sure u'll see that.
Sorry about the teacher dude... Hopefully ur major will pull u out.. I'm sure u did fine... we were all working on our majors up to the last minute.. hell I stayed up with a friend at my house on my other pute til 2 that morning finishing it off... we were all in the same boat.

Last edited:

Italia

HSC
yeah i no wht your saying....but i'm comparing to other schools the fact we weren't offered any after hours help... thoughout the year with our majors and it wasn't until parents were phoning the school to the principal, co-ordinator, and year 12 co-ordinator, action was taken.....our co-ordinator said he has never seen a year treated the way we were..... i no other school would have been similar.......however i still think tht my school has alot to answer for.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I agree... I see what you're saying... Just chill though I'm sure you did ok :). Put it this way some people I know only made a few animated gifs for their major.

Lebanese Cement

HSC
I totally agree with what both are you saying. Our teacher throughout the year kept on telling us to know the industry study section and even went into the trouble of making booklets for us for the section. After reading that briefly throughout the trial period now and now, the exam didnt feel that bad except for the odd brain explosion by saying the hinge used for the door was a "door hinge". Teacher gave us heaps of time to work on majors too, giving us after school, saturdays, even the teachers strike to work on major's. I even feel comfortable with my major and happy with it, as i now have upgraded from a single bed holding up by bricks to a KING size bed.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
hahaha lol cool....
reading all this stuff has made me want to be a mod of the Industrial Technology section.

gerardk

Well i thought my school was pretty damm supportive. I made an 8ft Pool Table for IT timber and since May my teacher and head teacher stayed afterschool till 5pm three nights a week, and then in the holidays came a couple of days and then even coming in on saturdays..during school time though most of us worked hard but when you work for 4 hours straight you get a shit load done. i finished making my job like 5 days before due date...there would have been no way i could have finished if the teachers didnt stay back.

I think it is fully the teachers that influence you the most to do well, it doesnt really matter whether you go to a high tech private or public school (im a public school btw).

Oh yeah and through out the year we did one theory lesson a week, which turned out to be enough, the students that actually tried in our class thought it was a reasonable test.

SweetSeasons

HSC
Yeah, my teacher came in in holidays to help us and stuff. Every one finished their major work. I have to buy him a bottle of port or something, to say thanks.

I made a dressing table with a vanity mirror, I wouldn't have got it finished if it wasn't for the time we went in on holidays. I also had the advantage of my dad owning a joinery, so I could take stuff there for me to work on. I learnt how to apply spray finish for my job and everything.

A few of us came to class and we went through past exams and stuff after our works had been marks, that deff helps me a lot, but so did the study I did. It was still a really hard exam.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
My teacher was great. He stayed back in the holidays, came in on weekends, stayed back after school and just did so much to help us out in any way possible. We were still working up til the nigth before on it but imagine if he hadnt of stayed back.... unfinished work! Hes great

Callidus

HSC
...i agree that teachers play a vital role to keep u motivated and inspired to get the project done....and to those who did finish on time, good work.
..my teacher had 'other commitments' so i cant exactly say he was there for us most of the time....and that did have quite a significant effect on my progress....i'm quite dissapointed that i didnt manage to finish my project on time....but then again..i'd prefer to put the hours and effort into quality of my work instead of quantity....i'ts still incomplete..about 3/4 done....i've got permission to use the workshop to finish it off whenever i can...so its not all that bad...my motivation to do this course was so i could build something to give to my mum...

timmayb

ind

hey dudz
the paper was ace, wasent that hard, yeh we stayed up till 3 that morning finishing off major works, i make a bar setting, only so we can get pissed on it after our formal, it's heaps nice though!!! hehhe, what did some others make?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)