• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page
  • Like us on facebook here

The Arnolds Are Going Down! (1 Viewer)

miss_bloom

New Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2002
Messages
17
i wouldnt mind seeing terry lee bashed too :) and then having someone stomp on his maths book.. and fitzpatrick omg on the day that the hsc ends im going to find him and give him a piece of me.. him and his undoable inequality mathematical induction questions have put us through :mad:
how about patel? anyone want to help me take him down too??
 

damy

New Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2002
Messages
3
But the Arnolds are separated or at least that's what my 4u tutor who used to be Graham Arnold's student told me...

Anyway I've heard that they didn't write the 4u HSC paper for this year(2002)...I wonder if that's true
 

Steph

Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2002
Messages
39
Location
Sydney
Originally posted by damy
But the Arnolds are separated or at least that's what my 4u tutor who used to be Graham Arnold's student told me...

Anyway I've heard that they didn't write the 4u HSC paper for this year(2002)...I wonder if that's true
PLEASE god, PLEASE let it be true!!
 

kini mini

Active Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2002
Messages
1,272
Location
Sydney
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
2002
Better the devil you know than the devil you don't surely? I've only flicked through Arnold's book, but the questions seem easier than Coroneos.
 

BlackJack

Vertigo!
Joined
Sep 24, 2002
Messages
1,230
Location
15 m above the pavement
Gender
Male
HSC
2002
Most of the questions in Arnold look easy, and some of those are indeed easy. But the rest are HARD.
Sometimes the entire class helps our teacher solve some of those questions, other times it took a whole lesson just explaining one solution.
 

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
Joined
Aug 14, 2002
Messages
4,187
Location
The Shire
Gender
Male
HSC
2002
Originally posted by BlackJack
Most of the questions in Arnold look easy, and some of those are indeed easy. But the rest are HARD.
Sometimes the entire class helps our teacher solve some of those questions, other times it took a whole lesson just explaining one solution.
Yes, Arnold needs some worked solutions. And none of this "by inspection". By inspection a proof is true straight away. Fill in the blanks Mr Arnold.

:teacher: :chainsaw:

(That'ill teach him)
 
Last edited:

kini mini

Active Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2002
Messages
1,272
Location
Sydney
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
2002
Originally posted by McLake


Yes, Arnold needs some worked solutions. And none of this "by inspection". By inspection a proof is true straight away. Fill in the blanks Mr Arnold.
Seems like there's some serious Arnold trauma here...

I've always had immense difficulty reading Coroneos, the typesetting is awful and quite a few questions aren't in the course. By comparison, Arnold is legible but I haven't really looked at the questions. But I would say all 4u textbooks need worked solutions for some problems, can't depend too much on teachers :/.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top