The Buyer's Remorse Thread (1 Viewer)

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
I think the fashion forum needs to have a place to vent about this kind of thing :) Right now I'm kicking myself over a black shirtdress of a cruddy fabric whose buttons keep falling off, a useless belt (the cinched-in high-waist thing makes me look retarculous), and a pair of jeans I've had for months that never get any wear beyond being paired with a dragons jersey or guys tshirts because they are majorly muffin top :( (but good everywhere else!)

So, what regrettable purchases have you made lately? :headbang:

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
I brought a I love me shirt from YAA convention. Only brought it soo i can talk to the cute stall keeper lol. Luckily i got her number =D

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
I bought a $30 black skirt with pretty horrid fabric from Cotton On because I had a job interview the next day and was desperate, then went shopping in the city the next day and found numerous, far nicer black skirts for half the price -__-

HSC
bought $129 black julius marlow loafers, when i really wanted a $200 tan pair...
azn cheapness + upper class pretensions = "goddamit" the next day

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Strawbaby said:
I bought a $30 black skirt with pretty horrid fabric from Cotton On because I had a job interview the next day and was desperate, then went shopping in the city the next day and found numerous, far nicer black skirts for half the price -__-
Was it that icky velvety one with buttons down the front, I hate those D: they just feel so wrong.

all.time.fiend

WANT SOME FRIES
HSC
just over a year ago, $100 industrie jeans.
took them home and forgot about them. they pretty much made me broke for a week so i was pissed.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Bought a white corset looking thing.

Realised that with anything I wear, it looks bridal.

Costume-y i suppose.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
WTF!bbq said:
Was it that icky velvety one with buttons down the front, I hate those D: they just feel so wrong.
It is! It's just horrible. I'll keep it for costumes, or I'll embroider it or something. It's not getting worn as is.

I bought a pair of shiny purple flats for $20 today and they're just slightly too small. I've got no idea why I didn't notice this in the shop, but they crush the ends of my big toes something awful. They're vinyl, so I don't think wear will stretch them much, but I might take them to a shoe repair place tomorrow and see if they can heat them up and push out the ends a little or something. I have thin feet and these are the first flats I've found that actually stay on me, so I'm dying to be able to wear them.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah I've tried on shoes in a store, then come home to find they don't actually fit.

Luckily they were on special at Target haha, so only $15 lost. They only fit when my feet have swollen a bit.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i bought a sort of faded-flouro (??) green mambo shirt for $50 that said "global warming is so hot right now". I loved it until i put it through the wash and it is now a mottled combination of yellow, lime and white. If i'd known that was gunna happen i would have tied it like a tie-died shirt. Anyways, only wore it for one day before it was demoted to the house-clothes pile.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
The_highwayman said:
i bought a sort of faded-flouro (??) green mambo shirt for $50 that said "global warming is so hot right now". I loved it until i put it through the wash and it is now a mottled combination of yellow, lime and white. If i'd known that was gunna happen i would have tied it like a tie-died shirt. Anyways, only wore it for one day before it was demoted to the house-clothes pile.
I'm a big promoter of taking stuff back if it carks it unreasonably. Seriously, if a shirt died after going through the wash once, I'd be on the phone to the shop and getting my money back.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Skeeta said:
especially if you paid $50 for it
I'd take something back even if I only paid $10 for it, not only for the money but because I hate hanging onto stuff I can't use.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
omg i hate buying shoes only to find out later they suck.

just before christmas i was broke as hell but i really wanted a pair of heels to wear to a particular occasion because all the ones i have kill my feet something awful. so i bought a $30 big W pair that were hella comfortable in the shop...and when i got home somehow they didn't fit right and they gave me massive blisters, i can't believe i didn't notice the potential for that to happen when i tried them on

they're now withering away at the bottom of my wardrobe next to my 10 year old thongs i only wear to collect the mail when it rains :eek:

wendaYYY

no pain no gain
HSC
Back when ballet flats were big I decided to buy a pair and they fitted awesomely in the shop. Then when I went home and walked around, they bloody crushed my feet, so yep, that was good.

I hate buying jeans that stretch later in the wash. Like a pair of skinnies I bought, size 10, bloody tight in the shop, wash them, stretch massively. It's so frustrating !!

Bought this white jacket at Cotton On, with black numbers printed on it. It looked hot as when I tried it on, then wore it out and everybody asked if it was a prison costume because it had a few deliberate rips in it. Only ever wore it once.

SpoonSamba

HSC
Bought a $50 corste style top, which i wil never ever wear because no one deserves to see that site

and i bought a pair of keds like $70 wore them once and ive never been in so much pain in my liffffffffe plus i didnt think they only look good with jeans an di dnt wear jeans what a friggin waste of money

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I think we've decided "BOO to shoes that seem comfy and nice in the store, only to blister or just not fit when we get home. BOO."

Aralia

Mieow...
HSC
Easy...you know those show stores? They're always carpeted and thus softens the step. Even when they're not carpeted, you've been walking around a lot and thus have those endorphins going and can't feel as much pain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)