The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time HELP! (1 Viewer)

caitlinmackay93

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone,

So for my next upcoming assessment task, I have been asked to write a essay on The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time. I am planning what I am to write about in my essay, and I have come across a few problems.

1. Should I set out my paragraphs, but speaking about themes.
2. Should I being setting out my paragraphs by speaking about 1 - the themes ( all of them, or major ones?), 2 - the form and structure 3 - the language features.

If I chose option 2, how would I incorporate key incidents and characterisation?

What should I be looking for in this close study essay?

If anybody could help me, that would be great!

Thanks a lot!

:)

oyuck

HSC
Do you know the question??

I think you would have to go through key scenes - so the killing of the dog, the portrayal of Christopher Boone throughout, how he found out about the letters, and identifying language features.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It depends on the question, but generally you would do it by theme. Pick one or two themes of the text, and then use form (structure) and content (examples and techniques) to prove how these themes work in the text. The themes you pick should be ones that answer the question. So if the question is:

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time is, if nothing else, a tale of love and understanding. Do you agree?

You would look at the relationships between the characters, and the humanity in the main character. The evidence you use for example, could be the trip (by himself) or the relationship he has with his friend. These are used to the prove either positive or negative, your take on the text.

caitlinmackay93

HSC
N/A
I do know the question and it is;

The distinctive qualities of text are intended to appeal to readers

In an extended response consider the ideas, structural forms, and features of language in the prescribed text.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Ok, so you could still break it into themes. Talk about how each theme appeals to the reader. The evidence you use is from the structural form and language techniques used. Things like the prime number chapters could be used as evidence.

oyuck

HSC
I do know the question and it is;

The distinctive qualities of text are intended to appeal to readers

In an extended response consider the ideas, structural forms, and features of language in the prescribed text.
In terms of structural form, consider the use of the diary style, the author's use of child-like language to give credibility to character.

Good Luck :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)