The DUMBASS HSC and the DUMBASS LAT (1 Viewer)

beetree1

HSC
so i want to do law at unsw, but these dumbass exams are making me stress OUT!!!!
I failed all of my task2 exams but did pretty well for task1 (my ranks dropped from top 40 to top 80 /150 in top10 school , do I still have a chance in getting a 99 atar????
If so, what kind of marks should I aim for in my upcoming tasks????????????
THANK YOU andbye im going to cry now

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
i don't think you need 99 atar for law at unsw. Cut off is around 96 + LAT

beetree1

HSC
i don't think you need 99 atar for law at unsw. Cut off is around 96 + LAT
Im pretty sure 96 atar is for people who get bonus marks cos they live in a farm or something :(

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Yeah, I second that... I read the ATAR cutoffs.

Why not try another uni if you don't make it? Some law degrees have lower requirements elsewhere.

Let's cry together for the sake of justice.

beetree1

HSC
Yeah, I second that... I read the ATAR cutoffs.

Why not try another uni if you don't make it? Some law degrees have lower requirements elsewhere.

Let's cry together for the sake of justice.
im thinking uts law but im not sure what their atar cut off is,,,

idkkdi

HSC
so i want to do law at unsw, but these dumbass exams are making me stress OUT!!!!
I failed all of my task2 exams but did pretty well for task1 (my ranks dropped from top 40 to top 80 /150 in top10 school , do I still have a chance in getting a 99 atar????
If so, what kind of marks should I aim for in my upcoming tasks????????????
THANK YOU andbye im going to cry now
Depends on your school ranking within the top 10, a bit of variation there, particularly with Ruse.
You should be at least what you were pre-assessment 2. However, keep in mind, that your ranks won't improve if you can't score well in exams, because that's what has the biggest weightings; trials, HSC.

beetree1

HSC
Depends on your school ranking within the top 10, a bit of variation there, particularly with Ruse.
You should be at least what you were pre-assessment 2. However, keep in mind, that your ranks won't improve if you can't score well in exams, because that's what has the biggest weightings; trials, HSC.
yikes yikesyikes idek how im going to do well during this corona shit :/ u 2021 children r so lucky

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Cool. That means I get bonus marks. I live in a sewer.

But you go back fulltime since you guys need it? Nah not really I wish I was in primary still... technically another round of holidays since you just learn times-tables meaning dosing off wouldn't cost you.

beetree1

HSC
Cool. That means I get bonus marks. I live in a sewer.

But you go back fulltime since you guys need it? Nah not really I wish I was in primary still... technically another round of holidays since you just learn times-tables meaning dosing off wouldn't cost you.
lots of schools incl mine are getting our tasks modified meaning that even if i had studied for an exam prior, it could be turned into a hand-in, or if i had prepared an essay, it could be changed to a research task. the uncertainty is CRAZY and i just want it to be normal :(

_rakelt

HSC
I don't really understand why your so concerned with the atar cutoff whether it is for the rural areas or not, because you can still get into a course if you receive and atar that is ONLY a few marks under the cut off.

If your failing ALL your subjects for term 2, thats a sign your not doing well obvs, nor are you putting in enough work. Its good to aim high for unsw, but you also need to work hard. I understand if you fail one subject, but if your failing all.. that says something.. :/ At this rate, 99 is going to be very difficult to achieve.

Also, you can do law at many universities and UNSW may not be the one for you? Law can be done at ACU for 70 atar, or at newcastle for around a low 90 atar etc etc.

idkkdi

HSC
I don't really understand why your so concerned with the atar cutoff whether it is for the rural areas or not, because you can still get into a course if you receive and atar that is ONLY a few marks under the cut off.

If your failing ALL your subjects for term 2, thats a sign your not doing well obvs, nor are you putting in enough work. Its good to aim high for unsw, but you also need to work hard. I understand if you fail one subject, but if your failing all.. that says something.. :/ At this rate, 99 is going to be very difficult to achieve.

Also, you can do law at many universities and UNSW may not be the one for you? Law can be done at ACU for 70 atar, or at newcastle for around a low 90 atar etc etc.
1. Lol, I don't think he means literally failing.
2. He can still make UNSW with a good LAT. In the top 10, median ATAR should be around ~95. Also, at most schools within that ranking, internals should be extremely close. i.e., depending on a popoff in trials, climbing ranks by the 10s can be possible.
3. You have a point, doing bad in exams is worrisome.

Can confirm that ATAR needed for UNSW is garbage compared to USYD on average.

beetree1

HSC

thanks for the concern

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)