the get up kids broke up. (1 Viewer)

HSC
so this fucking sucks :( there's been rumours for a while, but this was posted on their official site ..

"Say goodnight, but mean goodbye"
Ladies and gentlemen, the rumors are true. After ten years, close to a hundred recorded songs and several trips around the world, The Get Up Kids
will be playing their last shows this summer. We're celebrating the release of our as-of-yet-untitled live record and we're coming around one final time. We'll be playing gigs in the west, in the east and in the middle of the US. Our very last show will be in Kansas City, MO (our hometown) Fourth of July weekend 2005.

As a group we'd like to thank each and everyone of you for supporting us over the years. Whether we slept on your floor in '97 or you drove
all the way to Lawrence to see us play in '05, we are forever grateful. We feel it's best to let the last ten years speak as a document for what the
band was. We can look back and say that we are proud of everything that we accomplished. In the end, we will always remember this as a good time;
we hope that you remember it that way too.

See you this summer,
The Get Up Kids

the get up kids are one of my very favourite bands, and they're what got me into most of the music i listen to today. if you've never really listened to them, you're missing out. they're excellent. i'm so upset right now ..

phantom limb

HSC
N/A
something to write home about is one of my favorite records ever.

HSC
phantom limb said:
something to write home about is one of my favorite records ever.
ditto, i'm listening to it right now. at least i'll always have the old music to listen to, but just the fact that they'll never play here or make another record makes me sad.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
who are they?? what genre are they??

HSC
they're a band .. i guess technically they're emo-rock, but they're catchy as hell and just generally fucking awesome. one of the first bands of that kind of genre before they all became the same.

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
they were a decent band, but definately not 'one of the first'

HSC
not of the whole genre, definitely not, but like .. out of a lot of the similar bands that are still around and popular now, they've been around for longer than most of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)