The human story questions (1 Viewer)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
How did people go with this. Personally i didnt like the questions, the 7 marker wasnt that hard and the first question and the table part. I didnt do the model of DNA-DNA Hybridisation at school so i was just fudging it, said i used plasticine and stuff.

=j=e=s=s=

HSC
the hardest one was the 4 marker in question d, the one bout interpretations and theory of evolution....that was a bitch

GromReaper

HSC
I skipped the DNA hybridisation question, I had no idea. The rest were fairly easy, but not what I was expecting. I was hoping for stuff more along the lines of Out of Africa/Regional Continuity kinda thing, but oh well.

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
the seven marker was pure bullshit, doable, but jarring.
i didn't do a model either, i think at school we just looked at diagrams so i made up one with pipecleaners... but it wasn't exactly accurate... still i'm just relieved i didn't really have to know the names of any of those fossils.

ViolentJ

Uncle Banger
HSC
Yeah my school didn't cover DNA-DNA hybridisation either. Lucky i came across it in one of my text books yesterday so i knew it. I struggled on the 7 marker.

= Jennifer =

HSC
that dna dna hybridisation investigation was handed to us on a sheet ages ago and i said no i wasnt going to go over it and i didnt i got screwed so i bullshitted

HSC
lol for that dna-hybridisation thing i made up the lamest bullshit ever

1. make 2 sturctures of DNA using the double helix model, these will be orgainsm 1 and organism 2

2. seperate one strand from each of the 'organisms'

3. combine these strands, matching the base codes

4. observe, you have just demonstrated dna-dna hybridisation

i had no fkn idea but the rest of the questions were easy as, alot of occurence of the 'bipedal gate'

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
we did the experiment with pegs and i misread the question at first. I thought it just meant describe it but then i read it again and did it the way we did it in class. I dont care if its not right
The 7 mark question was not good at all but i did manage to bullshit for oh say bout 4 pages (in my exam writing)

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
wat technologies did u guys put for the 7marker question

amandaz

the most obvious was mtDNA...i couldnt think of nething else til i realised absolute dating was a modern technology was i crapped on bout that for 1/2 a pg, basically repeating myself & going around in circles

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
mtDNA, karyotype analysis, DNA-DNA hybridisation, comparisons of proteins and haemoglobins, DNA sequencing is what i mentioned

Willmaker

HSC
acmilan said:
I didnt do the model of DNA-DNA Hybridisation at school so i was just fudging it, said i used plasticine and stuff.
Me neither. I dont even remember being taught that lol :)

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
dna-dna hybridisation not so sure

for the dna dna hybridistion question did they mean to describe the method to doing actual dna dna hybidistion or a experiment that was done during class. because i didnt do the experiment at school, so i just descibe the steps for it that i saw in the text book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)