the ivory trail (1 Viewer)

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
ok everyone,

im really struggling 2 work out the journey issues in this text

im trying to link it to coleridge which is all about the inner understanding of the journeyer gained from the journey but i cant link it at all

if anyone has any notes on the ivory trail or just some tips or ideas, much appreciated

cheers

-dawso

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
you don't have to link it to coleridge, but more importantly the question.
The journey issues are physical in the sense that it may be a movement from one place to another. It's also imaginative as we speculate on the possibilities the novel may contain. It implies that more is learnt during the journey than at its resolution.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Each of your texts is to be used to help build a complete picture of 'journeys'. So the texts don't have to share a common theme or express the same ideas about journeys - but you have to link the analysis of each text back to the question.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
ok then, well the question i struggled with for the ivory trail was "journeys increase understanding"....

i was able 2 crap on about coleridge but really struggled for the ivory trail.....

Flanney

HSC
dawso said:
ok then, well the question i struggled with for the ivory trail was "journeys increase understanding"....

i was able 2 crap on about coleridge but really struggled for the ivory trail.....
The Ivory Trail book cover increases the responders understanding of the novel. The audience views the text and it gives clues to them about the possible content of the novel - eg. the sand forms part of the common cliche relating to time (the hourglass), the title, the teaser, etc. This combines to heighten the audiences understanding of the novel, and could persuade them into reading it.

Hope that helps you, and good luck to all in your exams!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)