The more i hear about f' ups... (1 Viewer)

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
...the happier i get.

It seems there are a whole lotta people who either fucked their English by not doing enough poems or speeches or whatever, and according to this website about 1/3rd of people didn't finish.

If that's my competition for the HSC, I'm sweet.

holy priest

HSC
You EVIL person. You make others want to wish bad things happen to you.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
That's no different to someone who says;
At least I wasn't the only one who didn't like that test =]

They both mean pretty much the same thing, except Egronk's one is a tad more blunt.

SmileyCam

HSC
Egronk said:
...the happier i get.

It seems there are a whole lotta people who either fucked their English by not doing enough poems or speeches or whatever, and according to this website about 1/3rd of people didn't finish.

Yes, I have been feeling exactly the same thing

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
ROFL I don't see why people advertise their trial marks in their sig =P Doesn't look like you're doing too shabbily in English though Smileycam.

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
Egronk said:
...the happier i get.

THAt is sopo true. i thought i killed the exam and top of that im seeing all these people stuffing up. IM SO HAPPY that the people who actually care to put in the effort and do their study and understand the course ( thus absorbing the value of such a course in defining out perceptions of the world and society), are given the upper hand compared to those that copy ESSAYS from last years students and get their tutors to write ESSAys. theres nothing wriong with ur statement, because you desrve it :):):)

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Kutar Maggi said:
THAt is sopo true. i thought i killed the exam and top of that im seeing all these people stuffing up. IM SO HAPPY that the people who actually care to put in the effort and do their study and understand the course ( thus absorbing the value of such a course in defining out perceptions of the world and society), are given the upper hand compared to those that copy ESSAYS from last years students and get their tutors to write ESSAys. theres nothing wriong with ur statement, because you desrve it :):):)
the people who complain ussually have higher standards than you. So they still end up getting better marks even though they don't feel as good about it.

To the original poster and all the others who think they are so good, we'll just see when the HSC results come out.

Theodopolis

HSC
fleepbasding said:
the people who complain ussually have higher standards than you. So they still end up getting better marks even though they don't feel as good about it.

To the original poster and all the others who think they are so good, we'll just see when the HSC results come out.

That's one of the most ridiculous theories to have been spun around this highly entertaining forum.

I have impeccably high standards, but after finishing the exam to the best of my ability and doing what I feel was a very good job of it, upon coming to this forum I and others were bombarded with people complaining about the apparently 'left-field' requirement for three poems in Section II.

What we find so amusing is the fact that all of these students who apparently have "higher standards" went through a year of study without actually referring to the rubrics of the course, which the evil, plotting BoS follows to a tee.
If my teacher was telling me two poems was sufficient, I would be extremely suspect and get a second opinion... from Mr Norton (A god among men)
And at this level of HSC, who would prepare what was 'sufficient'? Certainly not anyone with "high standards"... at least any that resemble mine.

jdrockefeller

HSC
fleepbasding said:

I would also like to offer my penis for measuring.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
oh sorry to kutar maggi, I misread your post. I thought you were saying that YOU were one of those people who copy last years essay and have their tutors write them for you... sorry, my mistake. I am all for learning the course and everything you said in your post.

my general thing was to the original posters and all those who feel so bolstered by people on bos who had trouble with the exam. I have nothing wrong with people (like theodopolis) feeling good about their performance in the exam, good for you. It is the people who develop an inflated sense of how well they went based purely on the comments of a few people on BoS who say they "stuffed it up"... what I meant was that we all have different standards of stuffing up, so those people may still have quite good marks.

and to jdrockafeller, you can measure your penis if that makes you happy. I'm not talking about myself here, I don't think that I'm one of the people who will get a good english mark... I just wouldn't want people getting the sense that they are hot-stuff band 6 material just because a few people have complained about the exam on an internet forum.

HSC
Well i agree with what some of you are saying in a way. if people went badly because they'd been ignorant and only studied two poems, well thats their fault for being unprepared. but there are others out there who WERE prepared, HAD studied and still suffered from exam nerves on the day.
i 'prepared' my ass off for this exam, and never had suffered from nerves resulting in bad performance, til last thursday. and i blew it. it wasnt because i hadnt studied, and i didnt expect to have a total mind blockage and breakdown on the day since i'd never experienced it before.
and so 'kutar maggi' just be aware that there are those who do 'care enough to put in the effort' but still perform badly on the day. good on all of you for going well.. but there are those of us out there who deserved excellent marks just like you, but will not recieve them due to unexpected circumstances.

Last edited:

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
krazy_katie777 said:
Well i agree with what some of you are saying in a way. if people went badly because they'd been ignorant and only studied two poems, well thats their fault for being unprepared. but there are others out there who WERE prepared, HAD studied and still suffered from exam nerves on the day.
i 'prepared' my ass off for this exam, and never had suffered from nerves resulting in bad performance, til last thursday. and i blew it. it wasnt because i hadnt studied, and i didnt expect to have a total mind blockage and breakdown on the day since i'd never experienced it before.
and so 'kutar maggi' just be aware that there are those who do 'care enough to put in the effort' but still perform badly on the day. good on all of you for going well.. but there are those of us out there who deserved excellent marks just like you, but will not recieve them due to unexpected circumstances.

Yes i totally agree with you. many of my friends did indeed put in the hard and understood the course for its worth, but as soon as tehy saw the questions they had mindblocs. it would be stupid to say that the marks doesnt matter and that the knowledge we gain from the course is better, BUT i must say that tghe knowledge gained is as important as the marks, and it is better for people who gain the knowledge than regurgitate it in the exams. I think that divides the people who, as they say in the rubric, have FLAIR in their writing and those who do not. It's all about the passion. Hopefully that doesnt sound too gay. lol :):):)

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Theodopolis said:
That's one of the most ridiculous theories to have been spun around this highly entertaining forum.

I have impeccably high standards, but after finishing the exam to the best of my ability and doing what I feel was a very good job of it, upon coming to this forum I and others were bombarded with people complaining about the apparently 'left-field' requirement for three poems in Section II.

What we find so amusing is the fact that all of these students who apparently have "higher standards" went through a year of study without actually referring to the rubrics of the course, which the evil, plotting BoS follows to a tee.
If my teacher was telling me two poems was sufficient, I would be extremely suspect and get a second opinion... from Mr Norton (A god among men)
And at this level of HSC, who would prepare what was 'sufficient'? Certainly not anyone with "high standards"... at least any that resemble mine.
In my experience the theory is certainly true. In my school, the best students in english always say they failed (and always still end up getting full marks).

lala2

Banned
HSC
Nope, it doesn't sound gay at all. I agree with you kutar_maggie and krazy_katie: I did study hard for it, and I memorised POINTS, not ESSAYS as some people do (I personally disagree with that style of learning, but if it helps people then I'm not criticising that, so please no-one kill me for this). And I felt I had done enough to prepare for it, but nerves got the better of me, so you know, it's not just the preparation, it's also sometimes undesirable and unexpected circumstances that can affect your performance.

darkroomgirl

HSC
Egronk said:
...the happier i get.

It's horrible, but I do feel the same way.

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
at least the people who did poems had a genrel idea about their 3rd text(if their serious about the HSC), but if i had done speeches or website i wouldnt have bloody even looked at more than 2. oh well, you can always repeat ;)

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Bahahahahahahahahaha, props to the guy who started crying. It takes real courage to show your bitch side on a public forum.

Sure, we'll compare marks afterwards, in fact, why don't you just check next years 'exemplar' for modules, that will give you a good idea of where i came.

If you idiots had actually studied the course, and not tried to just memorise an essay you may have done better. In the hours leading up the exam i thought that i knew nothing, i had no paragraphs or anything memorised. I got in there, realised my head was full of information through actual investigation, interest and questioning of my topic area (I did Ondaatje for that module) and not through robot like memorisation, and i nailed the slut.

But good work on the comedic performance.

Ps. i love Max Payne, and i hate the liberals, props to the Max Payne dude, to the liberals dude, i hope you end up like your cat.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)