...the remaining 40% (1 Viewer)

bre

Last bloody exam.

I've got a feeling that come the exam I'm just going to be so sick of it all. And I'm scared I'm going to get complacent because we've already done 60%

<_<

...I think the board of studies are evil and are definately out to get me. They're trying to test us to see a clear division between the bludgers and drama nerds...

>_>

..Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

How do YOU feel about the last little bit left?

Gummy_bear

HSC
argh! im exactely the same. If i didnt have drama i would of finished all my exams by wednesday, but noooo, i have to do this silly 40%.
And its not even gonna be like a real exam, it only goes for 1 and a half hours and there are only about 14 people in my class. It will be just like a half yearly.

Oh well, at least i have about 9 days to study for it.. (even tho ill only use about 2 of those days ^^)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
really guys...drama exams are so easy. you just need a few quotes, techniques, staging examples and a good healthy dose of imagination! i make heaps of stuff up and i get good marks for essays. there are basically no wrong answers of you word it in a sophisticated way and back up your statements with evidence.

we will all be fine.

05er

HSC
bre said:
Last bloody exam.

I've got a feeling that come the exam I'm just going to be so sick of it all. And I'm scared I'm going to get complacent because we've already done 60%

<_<

...I think the board of studies are evil and are definately out to get me. They're trying to test us to see a clear division between the bludgers and drama nerds...

>_>

..Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

How do YOU feel about the last little bit left?
The only reason you're getting conceited is because your drama teacher told you not to.

FIGHT THE POWER, BITCHES.

arooshika...

HSC
AlleyCat said:
really guys...drama exams are so easy. you just need a few quotes, techniques, staging examples and a good healthy dose of imagination! i make heaps of stuff up and i get good marks for essays. there are basically no wrong answers of you word it in a sophisticated way and back up your statements with evidence.

we will all be fine.
not if you talk about absurd theatre!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
niteshade1312 said:
absurd is the easiest, and im doing brecht! But brecht is good too!!
they're both pretty easy. i hate godot with a passion though. brecht is obsessed with himself.

stay cool.

Estelle

waa i WISH i was doing Brecht or Absurdist, i have to do stupid Environmental, Street and Event Theatre, its the boringest load of hippy crap....errrgg

courtnez

Now, what I want is Facts
HSC
American theatre all the way.

Varsouviana polka! Strange lighting! SOMETIMES EVEN A LACK OF SET! :O Shock, horror, the audience is made to think outside the square.

bre

_muse_ said:
im one of the select few doing meyerhold :) love meyerhold, genius.
What kind of resources do you have? all we've got is a photocopy of a revolution in theatre and the meyerhold.org website...

No one in my class could be bothered to read it and they all thought meyerhold was a prick until I was asked to workshop with the class his theories... my teacher was MY student... she got excited and took notes <_<

Then earlier in the year she was away for a long time and i organised our schools excursion to onstage...

so yeah.. just wondering where other schools get their stuff on meyerhold from cos I occasionally play the role as teacher and people in the class are beginning to beg me for some extra stuff so that they don't have to read the book...

esieff

Come on guys and gals, it's really not worth stressing over drama. If you've got half a brain you can write a top-mark drama essay - just check out the standards packages. Our pressure time was g.p and i.p due dates, this is simply the final hurrah. Please please don't stress, you'll do your head in for nothing, and us thespians are above that!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
exactly! :D drama is the most enjoyable AND easiest subject in the hsc and the exam should also be enjoyable. you can basically pre prepare everything, and its not strictly marked like english is.

im actually looking forward to it ?!?!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
bre said:
What kind of resources do you have? all we've got is a photocopy of a revolution in theatre and the meyerhold.org website...

No one in my class could be bothered to read it and they all thought meyerhold was a prick until I was asked to workshop with the class his theories... my teacher was MY student... she got excited and took notes <_<

Then earlier in the year she was away for a long time and i organised our schools excursion to onstage...

so yeah.. just wondering where other schools get their stuff on meyerhold from cos I occasionally play the role as teacher and people in the class are beginning to beg me for some extra stuff so that they don't have to read the book...
we have a meyerhold textbook that our teacher dumbed down for us cause half the class couldnt understand the language in it, and ive just searched the net for meyerhold related things.. will_sparky put some meyerhold notes up inthe resource section which are pretty good too.. i dunno where all my notes came from, but i seem to have alot of them

bre

_muse_ said:
we have a meyerhold textbook that our teacher dumbed down for us cause half the class couldnt understand the language in it, and ive just searched the net for meyerhold related things.. will_sparky put some meyerhold notes up inthe resource section which are pretty good too.. i dunno where all my notes came from, but i seem to have alot of them
A textbook.. wow.

cheers!

HSC
40%, who cares?
the rest of state is going to be feeling exactly the same way.
i would have finished this thursday had it not been for drama.
just like those evil BOS ppl to put the easiest exam last.
*damn them*
all im going to be thinking about is the final few seconds before the lady says "pens down".

Kyroth***

HSC
I dunno, its kind of a good. An annoying, but a good. Because the way the course is structured, you have like no time to do the theory. But by putting it last, they give you an extra month to actaully do the work, that you wouldn't have if it was earlier.

Keef88

HSC
Kyroth*** said:
I dunno, its kind of a good. An annoying, but a good. Because the way the course is structured, you have like no time to do the theory. But by putting it last, they give you an extra month to actaully do the work, that you wouldn't have if it was earlier.

yes but how many have/will do the work now??? i would have been finished on tuesday but noooo i still have drams

C

Crazy Pomo

Keef88 said:
yes but how many have/will do the work now??? i would have been finished on tuesday but noooo i still have drams
Yeah I swear some thesbian lesbian has a sway in board of studies and put dramos (to do) last so it would be the last thing we think of or remember in the wretched HSC. Damn them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)