The Tempest Techniques?? (1 Viewer)

alicerourke

HSC
Could someone please help me?? im doing the tempest and dont have (nearly) enough tenchniques.

does anyone have any they can share?? thanks VERY much x

alicerourke

HSC
what have u got so far testpilot? i had tutoring yesterday but ive forgotten what she old me. UM i really cant remmeber. only imagery, and stuff. gah. HELP!!

alicerourke

HSC
these are some of my techniques for looking at the power of the imagination:
1. language
2. imagery
3. all sorts of magical things happen on the island and we see both prospero and arial enchanting people
4. methatheatre - masque
6. contrast between characters
7. what is happening on stage as a symbol of the im j
8. teh use of the sub plot to represent in comic form the issues that are dealt with in teh main plot
9. the use of staff and robes as symbols of Prospero's magic authority

DOES ANYONE have any more, or know how to use these? maybes with examples? god im so stuck. HELP!!

T

Testpilot

Possible techniques:
  • Its a play -therefore audience goes on imaginative journey as they suspend belief in reality
  • Shakespeare's farewell due to Prospero's final monologue
  • It has been suggest by the John Bell Shakespeare Company (i think) that it could be in Prospero's imagination with Caliban and Ariel being the two sides of Prospero's personality.

Sophiemeldridge

HSC
Music and use of dialogue through characters...... ariels songs create a dreamy magical like atmosphere, and the dialogue shakespeare expresses through his characters emphasise love, forgiveness and growth of characters
e.g 'Do you love me?' miranda act3 sc1
'...Do love, prize, honour you,' Ferdinand act 3 sc1
'The rarer action is/In virtue than in vengeance.' Prospero
' As that i will, and i'll be wise hereafter/ And seek for grace.' Caliban

gemrism

HSC
I hate the Tempest even my english teacher said "nothing seems to have happened"

T

Testpilot

gemrism said:
I hate the Tempest even my english teacher said "nothing seems to have happened"
Its actually funny and (only) slighty less boring when you see it as an actual play. What makes it even more interesting is the English teachers being drunk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)