The thread for those who f***ed it up... (1 Viewer)

switchblade87

HSC
Yeah, I think I rooted it, I even think I forgot to put what question I did on the front of the yellow booklet...I'm pretty sure I did...:confused:

b3nn

Starship Trooper
HSC
i went in knowing all my texts but i just feel like i didn't write enough and what i did write wasn't up to my usual standard. modules sucks

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I'm so pissed off.

Admittedly, I barely studied, but I've been doing the course for 2 years, I know my stuff, I can write and I studied enough to have everything be fresh in my mind.

But by adding one extra poem in q7, I ran overtime, got upset and nearly cried *during* the fucking exam, lost my train of thought and fucked up not one but two out of three essays.

Fuck me.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Fuck, it's sooo annoying when I keep posting and my posts are all over the fucking place!

jack white

After Hours
HSC
one of my best mates, a very intelligent girl, good at english, didnt even have enough time to do section 2. she had to write, painfully, a "non-attempt" on her paper. assessment ranks are my best friend i think, i have never been good at exams and i never will be so i perfomed the way i expected.

even if we do fuck up, there are so many opportunities after the hsc. its not all uni, uni, uni straight away. there is tafe, there is work, there is alternative entry, there is a break and then older age entry. i honestly do not think exams are a good indication of someone's ability. it is sad that all our hard work and good marks lead to a bunch of stressful, VAGUE, time-restricting pieces of shit.

and by the way, dont the writers of the english paper embrace their ambiguity.

SW0502

HSC
hey dw i thought that was such a nasty exam! I had the biggest mental blanks and its so hard to fit in what u know wen the questions dont even friggen make sense! hey just think though we never ever ever have to do english again or analyse a text *Sigh* ahhhh how blissful

HSC
I dont know how many other people out there are feelin like shit coz they know they could have done better, i know i am and i just wasted a year of hard work for nothin... exam nerves or something got to me.. i was so confident that i knew enough before i went in n then i have no idea what happened! shit happens though hey? my only hope now is my assessment rank..! damn HSC haha

HSC
N/A
krazy_katie777 said:
I dont know how many other people out there are feelin like shit coz they know they could have done better, i know i am and i just wasted a year of hard work for nothin... exam nerves or something got to me.. i was so confident that i knew enough before i went in n then i have no idea what happened! shit happens though hey? my only hope now is my assessment rank..! damn HSC haha

don't worry...
you're not alone....
i've spent that past few weeks studying for english instead of maths and other stuff and i didn't even get to finish module C.

HSC
yep i feel like a total tool haha... i even said to my teacher before i went in.. 'im not even worried, its weird' and then i just couldnt get anything down right!!! it was so ridiculous coz i knew exactly what the questions were asking and yet i still failed to answer them.. lol and the funny thing is i wrote 30 pages... and all of it with no point! haha.. all i can do is laugh.. ive had my cry already!

riley

HSC
hey dont worry katie i know you'll get early entrace..........just think of that.
vetty told u not 2 worry you'll get it no worries :)

SlipStream

HSC
I think I went OK, but I wasn't aiming for mediocrity - I was aiming for a band 6. :(

Emma/Clueless: easy Q, but remembered parts of my generic essay at the wrong time so I left important quotes out. However I'm generally happy with it.

Frontline: dumped my whole generic essay perfectly and referred to the Q plenty of times, but I feel unfulfilled because the generic originally was 1500 words, and by cutting it to 1000 I took out plenty of important things.

King Lear: hit NOS as I was running out of time, so I didn't take in the Q properly, so I just crossed my fingers and dumped the generic. Remembered my generic nicely, but because I was rushing I had to skip important sentences and summarise heaps. I left out imporant important info regarding film techniques between the interpretations.

Overall, unsatisfied.

khairi

HSC
I fucked up. Couldn't follow a train of thought through Cloudstreet or Frontline.. so I think they might only be average marks.
Only one I am happy with is Hamlet, because my pre-prepared essay was almost identical to the question, and I'd revised it word for word. Hopefully it saves me.

dumfounded_me

HSC
If I was smart:

1... I could've written better arranged answers

2... I could've remembered quotes from Emma

3... I would've read Emma in the first place

4... I would've remembered the director of my ORT for Truth and Representation.

5... I could've done well on that exam...

6... I would've written more pages instead of an average of about 7 each.

But I'm not. So I didn't.

hollybox

HSC
tired

yeah I thought I knew enough stuff but I was so TIRED i couldn't concentrate and kept thinking about other things. I also HATE all of the topics except one: hate- in the wild hate- King Lear Like- telling the truth

Jexi

HSC
Crap. That exam was sooo much harder than last year. Crap. English needs to die like now.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
The thing that gets me is that the questions themselves weren't hard. Module C fit amazingly into everything I had to say. But because of the addition of ONE FUCKING POEM there is no possible way I'm getting a band 6.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)