Theorists, how to incorporate? (1 Viewer)

catsta

HSC
Hey guys, does anyone have any good quotes from theorists we can whack in our essays?

Also, what do you think is the best way to incorporate a quote into the essay? Do we go; Darko Suvin says... or put their name in brackets at the end? Oh and where in the scheme of things are they supposed to pop up? Like at the beginning of an idea/paragraph or at the end? orrrr... somewhere random in the middle?

As you all can see i am clueless about theory. awesome.

Any help will definitely be appreciated. thanks so much!

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
Like this:

An unswerving line can be traced from Stoppard’s play to Auster’s City of Glass in the subversion of the crime genre. While Knight makes a salient assumption that “genre offers reassurance” by “displac(ing) anxieties”, this is not particularly a relevant insight into all crime fiction – instead, Auster illustrates how contemporary crime fiction explores, challenges and manipulates anxieties of the postmodern milieu, not offering “reassurance” but questioning all preconceived ideas of the genre and reality itself.

I loved the genre theory, it was my favourite part of the course. Really all you need to do is google genre theory - it's all there.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)