this is the most popular option... (1 Viewer)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Ill be doing it, I was looking through the textbook and I have covered the corrosion bit in Engineering Studies alread :( which means I have to sit through it again as the rest of the class tries to understand it.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
:p Apparently it is one of the easier ones and with corrosion I can see why, please have a 6 marker on corrosion and protection from corrosion particularly concerning a steel ship (come on macrostructures of steel and anodic/cathodic intergranular corrosion)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Yeah but how much corrosion do you go into detail with (ie intergranular corrosion, I know that it covers high stress areas which are very simple)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
Yeah but how much corrosion do you go into detail with (ie intergranular corrosion, I know that it covers high stress areas which are very simple)
u don't go into that much detail- but u skim thru the different aspects of corrosion. :)

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Corrosion stuff with zinc and aluminium .. and creating galvanic and electrolytic cells. I shouldn't remember this 3 years down the track :p

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by christ_ine
Corrosion stuff with zinc and aluminium .. and creating galvanic and electrolytic cells. I shouldn't remember this 3 years down the track :p
yeah, u shouldn't- unless u doing chem. @ Uni. :p

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Haha, I did do Chemistry at uni straight after the HSC .. then transferred, lol. It's a hell of a lot different than creating galvanic and electrolytic cells I'll tell you :p

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by christ_ine
Haha, I did do Chemistry at uni straight after the HSC .. then transferred, lol. It's a hell of a lot different than creating galvanic and electrolytic cells I'll tell you :p
yep- i guess way different to the "essay writing" hsc course ei? :D

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by Xayma
:p Apparently it is one of the easier ones and with corrosion I can see why, please have a 6 marker on corrosion and protection from corrosion particularly concerning a steel ship (come on macrostructures of steel and anodic/cathodic intergranular corrosion)
the easier it is the harder it is for you to get a good hsc mark.

because if everyone knows the stuff they're gonna find ways to take marks off you to seperate the candidates. they'll take marks of for trivial things like grammatical mistakes and sentence structures.

i still remember what my teacher said after the chem exam last year... he's like this is the easiest chem exam ever... i wouldn't be suprised if everyone scores in the high 90s.

then the heighest hsc mark was 97 LOL... im guessing the raw top mark was only around 90%.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
the easier it is the harder it is for you to get a good hsc mark.

because if everyone knows the stuff they're gonna find ways to take marks off you to seperate the candidates. they'll take marks of for trivial things like grammatical mistakes and sentence structures.

i still remember what my teacher said after the chem exam last year... he's like this is the easiest chem exam ever... i wouldn't be suprised if everyone scores in the high 90s.

then the heighest hsc mark was 97 LOL... im guessing the raw top mark was only around 90%.
na man- if its easy- then its easier to get higher marks! :p

abdooooo!!!

Banned
so the lesson here is to pick the hardest option and hope that it will be a hard exam which tests some science logics rather than all simple straight foward syllabus dot points... which any rote learner can memorize... and if they're better at writing/bullcrapping than you... then you're gone in terms of hsc mark. :p

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
so the lesson here is to pick the hardest option and hope that it will be a hard exam which tests some science logics rather than all simple straight foward syllabus dot points... which any rote learner can memorize... and if they're better at writing/bullcrapping than you... then you're gone in terms of hsc mark. :p
anyways- usually u don't have a choice as to what option u wanna do anyways! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)