this years band 6 cutoff (1 Viewer)

rama_v

HSC
seadonkey said:
its gonna b close to 83. last yr my frend got 83 n got scaled to 93. but this yr was easier than last yr. n easier than trials =) easier than last yr so scaling wont b as good

therefore band 6 = 83
I dont agree that this year was easier than last year - mainly due to the multiple choice (much more difficult) and a couple of the longer assess questions would have thrown a lot of ppl off. Last year it was spelt out in the exam, this year it was more broad and hence more difficult. I can say though that the option, quanta to quarks at least, was incredibly easy

Rickdog

grand member
HSC
how do u know this?!?!?
you dont even get a raw mark

richz

rama_v said:
I dont agree that this year was easier than last year - mainly due to the multiple choice (much more difficult) and a couple of the longer assess questions would have thrown a lot of ppl off. Last year it was spelt out in the exam, this year it was more broad and hence more difficult. I can say though that the option, quanta to quarks at least, was incredibly easy
yes, true multis were tricky, but the rest was alrite, in last years test, the back emf q, not many got, jordan - not many got and also the AC motor not many got

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
lol wtf ? 50 goes to 75 ? ? i walked outa the exam half way and i rkn i can get 50.... and that can get alligned to 75??? i doubt it -_____________________________-" i thought physics usually goes up by only like 5 marks or something ?

i never studied superconductors

Captain Karl

HSC
My teacher had a look at the exam afterwards and reckons the state average will be about 40. Band 4/5 cut-off will probably be about 60 so band 5/6 cutoff hopefully high 70s low 80s. Not really sure in depth how it all works but

redd

HSC
N/A
Captain Karl said:
My teacher had a look at the exam afterwards and reckons the state average will be about 40. Band 4/5 cut-off will probably be about 60 so band 5/6 cutoff hopefully high 70s low 80s. Not really sure in depth how it all works but
hmm, in 2003 the average was 73 aligned, which i assume must need more than 40. your band 6 cutoff is about right i think but hopefully the band 5 cut off is less than 60 =D, that would make me happy

Captain Karl

HSC
That was just an initial thought after a first read through. I'll be happy with a mid range band 5. Apparently this years test was a bit harder than previously so the average will probably be lower than normal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)