Thoughts about EAL/D? (1 Viewer)

Howangu18

HSC
Uni Grad
I think the persuasive writing bit threw me off
True. My class nearly had a whole term 3 just to make a creative writing. Even the trial paper that I got of another school and CSSA have creative writing questions. Then boom, persuasive speech came out of nowhere.
I wrote full for human experience and 6 pages for persuasive speech
That is a lot. I wrote only 4 pages for the essay and nearly 3 pages for that persuasive speech.
I felt that it was better than the trial. My teacher messaged our class on Edmodo that she saw the short answer and essay parts were easy. For the essay I pretty much copied my trial essay and changing some words.
In the end, what do you think the whole marking, moderating, sorting out the bands and scaling things are going to be? Harsher or easier?

psmao

HSC
True. My class nearly had a whole term 3 just to make a creative writing. Even the trial paper that I got of another school and CSSA have creative writing questions. Then boom, persuasive speech came out of nowhere.

That is a lot. I wrote only 4 pages for the essay and nearly 3 pages for that persuasive speech.
I felt that it was better than the trial. My teacher messaged our class on Edmodo that she saw the short answer and essay parts were easy. For the essay I pretty much copied my trial essay and changing some words.
In the end, what do you think the whole marking, moderating, sorting out the bands and scaling things are going to be? Harsher or easier?
I don't know about moderation but I guess that cut off for band 6 would be around 85 [from paper 1]

Howangu18

HSC
Uni Grad
Could this be a decoy for paper 2 and listening?
I probably gonna do the good old changing there and there in the essay.
And what are your prescribed texts for each module?

psmao

HSC
Could this be a decoy for paper 2 and listening?
I probably gonna do the good old changing there and there in the essay.
And what are your prescribed texts for each module?
I don't know about paper 2 and listening but from paper 1, I would assume that they gonna put at least one stimulus text in paper 2.

We did past the shallow for module A and Contemporary Australian Asian poems for module B and The Truman Show for module C

Howangu18

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know about paper 2 and listening but from paper 1, I would assume that they gonna put at least one stimulus text in paper 2.

We did past the shallow for module A and Contemporary Australian Asian poems for module B and The Truman Show for module C
We did One Night The Moon for Module A, Swallow the Air for Module B and Namatjira for Module C.

psmao

HSC
We did One Night The Moon for Module A, Swallow the Air for Module B and Namatjira for Module C.
I wrote 8 pages for module A, 6 pages for persuasive, 7 pages for module B and C zzz but I feel like I wrote some rubbish. How did u go

Last edited:

dgqb

HSC
I am glad the Module B and C's questions were so generic

dgqb

HSC
Anyone felt the listening paper was so rushed and couldnt finish the paper

psmao

HSC
94-95 1st in class top 30 school
Thats pretty impressive and I assume that would give you a state rank?

Mind me asking how many pages did u write? and actually what did you do for each module

still impressed that top 30 schools have EAL/D (coz most of em don't have it)

dgqb

HSC
I think i wrote around 800 words for Mod A, 700 for both Mod B and C, and only around 350 for the persuasive, our class thought it would be a creative so i memorised a story that didnt even get used hahaha.

Well we shall see if we can maintain top 30 this year haha with uncle steve throwing boomerangs at our advanced students

anniepham18

HSC
I have slow handwriting so I had a fair amount of time practising my essays under time condition. I’m happy that I made it in the exams but I cut my persuasive speech so short tho. Last time in the trials I wansn’t able to finish my papers so I left out a 5 marker question and reduced my 1000 word essay to 500!! My teacher then advised me not to spend so long on my creative piece but I’m anxious that my speech was not long enough, I wrote about a page and a half...🤥

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)