Thoughts - How did you all find the exam? (1 Viewer)

Pattyc

HSC
Thoughts on the exam

Did anyone else think that the test was harder than they thought it would be??/ I sure did. :(

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
it was alright
had to do it with the sound of the jackhammer pounding the ground
group misadventure form has to be handed in....thats what my supervisor said

dmassad

HSC
geo was alright....
a bit harder than i expected and the extended responses where not wat i expected at all

probbaly got 80% with most of the bullshit i wrote :D

j3sse

HSC
the essay about the world cities was freakin hard. waay to specific. all of the other questions i had no troubles with

Nodice

HSC
Ahahahha
Damn that shit is whack!

Whic of the following URBAN DYNAMICS is a response to environmental decline in large cities in the developed world?

And that last essay screwed me... oh well
HI BIG J

borkis04

You have been blocked.
Arse of the World, Syd being the arsehole :D
HSC
yeh i didnt think it was too bad at all..
yeh wat was the answer 2 that multiple choice?
i put sustainability down **embarrassed face**
fucken m/c..i can never ever get it!

yeh that cities essay buggered me up.. 11pages, 7pages and 8 pages so im overall quietly confident :D..
how did everybody else go?

j3sse

HSC
Nodice said:
Whic of the following URBAN DYNAMICS is a response to environmental decline in large cities in the developed world?
i didnt like that question or the world cities essay. what answer did youse all get for the above MC question?

annie_sinc

HSC
the world cities essay was good! the economic activity essay was soo bad, so outta no where!!!

Nodice

HSC
I did A for that multi-choice.. its the only one that makes some sense =P

eeyarn

HSC
yeh world cities question was the only one i did well in, fkd up the others. short answers were easy as, n m/c wasnt too bad

SW0502

HSC
THAT was the most shit house exam iv ever done im so pissed off what the hell was with those essay questions!!!! They didnt bloody cover enough stuff in them to actually write a whole freaking essay on them!!!! GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

youarefree

HSC
Hahahahaha...

They did end up asking the vulnerability/resilience question! Ahh that's so funny...Thank god my last minute call to the Advice Line saved my arse.

Hmm the world cities questions was bad- cant really write much for that...
Economic activities question was asked before! In 2002 I think...but it was "ecological dimensions" that time...Lesson for everyone- they CAN ask questions they've asked before again!

The answer to the m/c question was counterurbanisation- teacher looked over it after and thought it was probably that..

So glad its over now!!

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i had the same question. I put down Counterurbanisation. Counter urbanisation means people move out of the city, cutting ties...so i assumed that they moved to rural areas that have an abundance of plant life.
It wasnt suburbanisation or sustainability (not an Urban dynamic)
My teacher reckons it is urban village but our coordinator disagrees. Urban villages are more of a cultural thing rather than environmental as far as i'm concerned.

Anyway, i hope it is A.

I wasnt happy with the World cities question because it didnt ask for "the changing role of regional centres and the demise of the small town" which i knew alot about. I spose i coulda written about it, but i would have run out of time. I like the other two essays tho....

However, there was no Analyse or evaluate! that was annoying! sure, they're harder but they make u sound a hell of a lot smarter...

Anyway, hope we all did well.

SW0502

HSC
I honestly think the whole exam was really shocking like honestly there wasnt enough content to be written for those essay questions especially the local enterprise thingy and the human impacts etc.. Im so cut there was barely anything about urban dynamics because thats sucha huge chunk in the syllabus!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeh i can the cut off would be low since from what i heard everyone struggled
i dunno well see

Valeroso

HSC
Personally, I liked it alot! I don't see how the dominance/dependance question was hard. Even if you didn't study for it, you could have made up HEAPS of stuff about it! "This city is dominant cause it has economic power" "This city DEPENDS on this city cause it has economic power" - Get it? That being said, that question was quite random but I was really happy with the essays, and even the questions. The only thing I didnt care about was the Vertical Exageration and the Gradient. 2 marks which would take longer than two minutes to do - HA! Does anyone wonder if it was written by a German? So many references to Germany - twas lovely! Haha. Did everyone also get 72-73% for that first triangle question?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)