Thoughts on doing Extension Mathematics and English for Year 11 and 12? (1 Viewer)

mokaz05

HSC
Hey everyone,

I have already chosen my courses for Stage 6, as it is as follows:

* Mathematics Advanced
* Mathematics Extension 1
* English Advanced
* Economics
* Business Studies
* Information Processes and Technology
* Software Design and Development

I'm currently at 13 units, but I was considering to change to Extension 1 English as well. I do understand it will become 14 units, but I might drop economics if I do make this move. I have averaged above 85% across my in-school assessments so far for English this year [Year 10]. My idea is that I would rather do the top courses available at the start of Stage 6, with no regret of the fact that I didn't choose Extension English as it is easier to drop down levels than move up during Stage 6 should I not be performing well with the rigors of the extension course.

Has anyone done Extension 1 Mathematics and English both together, and if so, what was your experiences? [Ie. How much daily studies did you do, how did you perform in your other courses, were you able to have a social life, did you require lots of outside tutoring to keep up with assessments and perform well?, was it too stressful during Year 12?]

idkkdi

HSC
Hey everyone,

I have already chosen my courses for Stage 6, as it is as follows:

* Mathematics Advanced
* Mathematics Extension 1
* English Advanced
* Economics
* Business Studies
* Information Processes and Technology
* Software Design and Development

I'm currently at 13 units, but I was considering to change to Extension 1 English as well. I do understand it will become 14 units, but I might drop economics if I do make this move. I have averaged above 85% across my in-school assessments so far for English this year [Year 10]. My idea is that I would rather do the top courses available at the start of Stage 6, with no regret of the fact that I didn't choose Extension English as it is easier to drop down levels than move up during Stage 6 should I not be performing well with the rigors of the extension course.

Has anyone done Extension 1 Mathematics and English both together, and if so, what was your experiences? [Ie. How much daily studies did you do, how did you perform in your other courses, were you able to have a social life, did you require lots of outside tutoring to keep up with assessments and perform well?, was it too stressful during Year 12?]
you're worrying too much. it's ez.

B1andB2

tombliboo eee
HSC
Ext 1 maths and ext 1 English is definitely possible to do well in.

Doing 14 units altogether though is a different story, I don’t see why you’d want to do extra work that ends up being disregarded.

dumNerd

HSC
Ext 1 maths and ext 1 English is definitely possible to do well in.

Doing 14 units altogether though is a different story, I don’t see why you’d want to do extra work that ends up being disregarded.
So your safe... incase you don't like a subject

mokaz05

HSC
But I agree I think 14 units would be a quite a bit of work
Hey,

Just to clarify the misunderstanding, I was intending to drop Economics and do English Extension instead. I originally had 13 units with my current subject combination, but with Extension English and no more Economics, I'll be doing 12 units in Year 11. This means that in the worst case if I have to drop one of my extensions, I will still have 11 units in Year 12.

dumNerd

HSC
Hey,

Just to clarify the misunderstanding, I was intending to drop Economics and do English Extension instead. I originally had 13 units with my current subject combination, but with Extension English and no more Economics, I'll be doing 12 units in Year 11. This means that in the worst case if I have to drop one of my extensions, I will still have 11 units in Year 12.
Thats actually the best thing you could do :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)