Thoughts on Learnable's Mock HSC Exams? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jzie2003

HSC
I go to a school ranked 70ish and I found both the Physics and Chemistry exams run by Learnable quite tough, compared to both my school's trials and past HSC papers. Some of those questions have never even been brushed over by my school teachers lol.

Did anyone else find them hard as well? I feel like I'm gonna get like 60% for both of them :/

Fohks

HSC
Yeah, I found it pretty challenging aswell. Will be interesting to see results when they come out.

versace11

HSC
The last two multiple choice questions for each exam were quite tough. But my friends who did it said that they think a lot of those questions will be in the actual HSC exam.

The Kepler's law question for physics was quite challenging, and so was the salted butter question for chem. Never seen any questions like those before.

Adee16

HSC
Yeah especially the ones where u had to bring in Y11 content. Like for chem I completely forgot about Hess's law.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
a lot of those questions will be in the actual HSC exam.
Why would they think that? There is no correlation between the two to say "a lot" will appear.

ultra908

HSC
i feel like alot of questions were barely in hsc or at hsc level

versace11

HSC
You don't need Hess's law in the HSC
Doesn't the syllabus say the Year 11 course is assumed knowledge? So it could come up? Kinda like how last year's physics paper had a question regarding the inverse square law.

erucibon

HSC
N/A
Doesn't the syllabus say the Year 11 course is assumed knowledge? So it could come up? Kinda like how last year's physics paper had a question regarding the inverse square law.
technically it could still come up in the hsc exam so it's good to know
This only applies when it actually has a major relation with content in the HSC course - inverse square law is an important part of the HSC syllabus and so is moles even though they not are explicitly mentioned. Hess's law is not important and won't be asked - imagine the outrage if it were a question

thinkinghard

HSC
I felt like a few were quite out of the syllabus, the level of detail regarding Schrodinger's model is not needed and we don't need to know to discovery of the proton

Adee16

HSC
This only applies when it actually has a major relation with content in the HSC course - inverse square law is an important part of the HSC syllabus and so is moles even though they not are explicitly mentioned. Hess's law is not important and won't be asked - imagine the outrage if it were a question
You never know. Everything in Y11 is technically assumed knowledge. And thermo appears in Mod 5 so maybe Hess's law will appear in the HSC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)