Time of work for study (1 Viewer)

greekgun

HSC
Hey guys,

I need some time off work for study for the mid year exams. U rekon i should tell my shift manager that i wont be accepting shifts for about a month for study on the phone or in person, or should i write her a letter tell her i need the time off.

BTW ima casual at coles

Any opinions.

greekgun

HSC
yer8899 said:
a month!!!
do it in person, however, depending on how many shifts you do a week, you may have to be a bit lenient with the month of work idea.
Hmm, ill probably say that if ur short on workers and u really need some one to work i will come into work. But if they wont give me my month ill probably quit. Its only a coles job, nothing big.

CieL

HSC
At my work we have this chunky calendar book called a "Communications booklet"..

I just write random requests, notes, important stuff on the next day my manager works. Usually gets read.

HSC
As Ciel said, we also have a communications book, its a 3 section notebook, one section is general notes from the managers/supervisors, another is everyones details (ie phone numbers and availability), and the final section is for holidays (casuals particularly).

Firstly, see if you have something similar, if so use it. If not, just write the dates you need down, and give them to an appropriate person. But be sure to keep a record of these dates yourself, so that if the dates aren't given off, you can confidently state that you asked for them off.

Paj20

HSC
greekgun said:
Hmm, ill probably say that if ur short on workers and u really need some one to work i will come into work. But if they wont give me my month ill probably quit. Its only a coles job, nothing big.
wouldnt 1 shift still be alright?? like obviously not the week you have exams, but if youve been preparing throughout the year 1 a week should just be enough to give you a bit of a break from study and earn some poket money.. lol i dont think youd really need to quit.. neway where i work i took 3 weeks off for half yearlys and they done it with no complaints

greekgun

HSC
Hey guy, talked to the shift manager and asked her and she said yeah thats kool. We dont have any calender things or any notice boards to write stuff like that down on, its all done through the shift manager.

And paj20, the shift manager at my coles is a real bitch, she either want us to work heaps or no to work at all.

HSC
Paj20 said:
if youve been preparing throughout the year 1 a week should just be enough to give you a bit of a break from study and earn some poket money..
lol...i don't think that I fall into the category of 'having prepared all year'. I'm more so, cram for assessment and cram a bit harder for exams!

Regardless, I do 1 five hour shift a week. Ideally, I'd prefer it to be a three hour shift, only because then I wouldnt have to spend two hours on checkouts. But its allright i suppose.

HSC
katietheskatie said:
a month? harden the fuck up
Yeah, I dont know if not working at all for a month will be effective. Although, you did say that your shift manager wants you working heaps or not at all. Are you sure that there's no way around this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)