time to panic perhaps? (1 Viewer)

blink rock

HSC
hi all!!!!
reading everyones messages it is clear that most have done their major for ext!!
I HAVENT STARTED!!!! ours isnt due to september, and i put it on a backliner against trials and the PIP, which i am starting to regret cozx i only have one month left!!!
any way, due to lack of a proper teacher, we havent been given any guidelines whatsoever, so even if i did have time to start, i wouldnt knw where to!!!

does n e one have n e information regarding the expected set out of this assesment, regarding word limit etc.? coz when i think of this assignment i think of how well structured the PIP was expected to be, with a log, intro, central, closing, bibliography etc!!!
could n e one help me please!!!!!!
thankyou!!!!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
ok first of all i got full marks for mine and i only started 2 weeks earlier. im not trying to boast, just to say that it will all be ok, if you just knuckle down and get some good solid work in.

dont panic, you'll be sweet.

from memory you have to have:

a log (record of the process of researching and writing your essay)
essay synopsis (where you talk about the development of your question and how you have answered it in the essay)
essay (your discussion about your historiographical issue)
annotated bibliography (reliability, usefulness etc for main three texts)
bibliography (with all your sources properly noted)

the main thing you need is someone to check the essay bit by bit as you write it. the woman i sent mine to doesnt teach historiograhpy, just history, but she was invaluable in kepeing me on track, as i had a tendency to waffle.

you will find that if you research well enough, the 2-2.5 thou word limit will seem much too short.

all the best, and dont stress.

PS have you got a question? because something you are really interested in is the best to choose, as you will be doing a lot of reading on that subject.

hopey989

HSC
k, my teacher is a legend, he pretty much gave us a scaffols for every part of the assessment, ill just attach em here an u shuld be right, let me kno how ya go tho, cuz i still reckon im in truble...only started the essay last week! lol

NB: some of them are pretty huge, such as the project desing bit and designing your investigation, and wouldn't let me upload it, but if ya wanna drop me a line at hopey_989@hotmail.com i'd be happy to email them to you.

blink rock

HSC
ext history major

thankyou all so much!!! that really helps!!!!
my topic is on Pope joan, a pope than was a woman but dressed as a man, really wierd i know, but when initially looking at topics, it seemed easy to do to discuss chrisitianity and religion and how they like to keep everything under wraps to preserve the "pureness' of the religion, so there is alot of debate about its validity, which is easy, but it is still so boring!!!
my question would probably centred around something of the likes of "was the story of pope joan a fabrication or reality, and just covered over by the church to protet religion"

how boring!!!!
thanks for your help again!!!!

blink rock

HSC
ext history major

sorry to mesg again, i just remembered my stupid question!!!

what is the synopsis of the essay? would it happen to be where we discuss our topic, kind of like the proposal?

sorry, and thanxs for your help again, god bless the bored of studies!!!! hehehe.

X

xeuyrawp

blink rock said:
sorry to mesg again, i just remembered my stupid question!!!

what is the synopsis of the essay? would it happen to be where we discuss our topic, kind of like the proposal?

sorry, and thanxs for your help again, god bless the bored of studies!!!! hehehe.
Hey, the synopsis depends on your school's specific requirements, but-- generally, it is a brief outline of your question, your method of attacking your question, and the kind of conclusion you make. It's a "final" synopsis, so to speak, you'd write it after you finish your essay, and purely talk about your essay's concerns- nothing about your different ideas, etc.

Imagine your essay being published- what would you write as a summary of it, to be put on the back of the book? You need to up-talk your essay, so to speak, to make it sound good and convincing- use strong phrases like "proves that ___", "concludes that ____", "shows ____" etc.

I really need to post my whole MW up, but it's at my Dad's house.

If you need help going over your assignments, you can add me to msn, email, or PM me your work and I can look at it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

jdrockefeller

HSC
blink rock said:
hi all!!!!
reading everyones messages it is clear that most have done their major for ext!!
I HAVENT STARTED!!!! ours isnt due to september, and i put it on a backliner against trials and the PIP, which i am starting to regret cozx i only have one month left!!!
any way, due to lack of a proper teacher, we havent been given any guidelines whatsoever, so even if i did have time to start, i wouldnt knw where to!!!

does n e one have n e information regarding the expected set out of this assesment, regarding word limit etc.? coz when i think of this assignment i think of how well structured the PIP was expected to be, with a log, intro, central, closing, bibliography etc!!!
could n e one help me please!!!!!!
thankyou!!!!
It isn't due until September. Thus there is no need for so many exclamation marks. I didn't start until the week before it was due. Admittedly I had done a bit of reading and such, but it is entirely feasible to do it all in a week.

X

xeuyrawp

fleepbasding said:
Mine is due this friday, so yes, I'm hoping it is feasible to do it over 4 days or so.
1. Bash your head on the table,
2. Give a little wimper,
3. Compose yourself,
4. Talk to us about how we're going to resolve this.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
PwarYuex said:
1. Bash your head on the table,
2. Give a little wimper,
3. Compose yourself,
4. Talk to us about how we're going to resolve this.
Can I skip the first two steps? I know my situation is somewhat desperate. I guess I'll just be working very hard after my final two trial exams tommorow. I feel a little shitty about not pushing myself to do a draft earlier but I'm hoping to pull out all my fabulous writing skills and dupe the marker into giving me an equally fabulous mark. I'm trying to maintain composure, because the next few weeks are probably some of the most important in my school life, including submission of my extension 2 english MW and drama performances the week after that.

X

xeuyrawp

fleepbasding said:
Can I skip the first two steps? I know my situation is somewhat desperate. I guess I'll just be working very hard after my final two trial exams tommorow. I feel a little shitty about not pushing myself to do a draft earlier but I'm hoping to pull out all my fabulous writing skills and dupe the marker into giving me an equally fabulous mark. I'm trying to maintain composure, because the next few weeks are probably some of the most important in my school life, including submission of my extension 2 english MW and drama performances the week after that.
NO! The first two steps are obligatory- OBLIGATORY!!! :p

Don't feel too bad, lots of people leave it late. What we need to do now is make the most of your time, so I suppose after your exams get back to me?

X

xeuyrawp

fleepbasding said:
yep. sure I'll do that. Thanks man!
That's ok. Good luck with the rest of your trials, and don't get worried and give up on extension.

niteshade1312

HSC
Just out of curiosity... WHY HAVE YOU GOT THEM DUE AFTER TRIALS? I am soo thankful that all my assessments and trials are over and now I have all the time till HSC to finish prac subjects and study.. and...

p.s. You will be fine. Just sit down for quite a few many straight hours and you'll be able to come up with a great piece.. At least your train of thought will be the same instead of doing it in sections.

sharronx

don't worry about it too much. i procrastinated all year and ended up doing/re-doing my entire thing the night before it was due (thanks to coffee + berrocca), handed it in and went home and slept. it's is the best feeling ever.
just make sure you collect all your research/make a good plan beforehand.

rockon

no use for a name
HSC
My major work is due on friday, i am really panicing... - i only decided what topic to do during the holidays, then i had 6 assignments due in the first 2 weeks than i had a week to study then had the trials for 2 weeks, so basically i have only had 2 weeks to do this... and all last week and even still now i am trying to read all the books i borrowed... I dunno if i will get it done in time. I am scared about writing it too because i dont know what context to write it in and how to set it out properly- its driving me crazy... i dunno what to do...

X

xeuyrawp

rockon said:
My major work is due on friday, i am really panicing... - i only decided what topic to do during the holidays, then i had 6 assignments due in the first 2 weeks than i had a week to study then had the trials for 2 weeks, so basically i have only had 2 weeks to do this... and all last week and even still now i am trying to read all the books i borrowed... I dunno if i will get it done in time. I am scared about writing it too because i dont know what context to write it in and how to set it out properly- its driving me crazy... i dunno what to do...
You should take up someone's offer to help you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)