Timetable Changes... (1 Viewer)

darkroomgirl

HSC
MyUni's not letting me change my timetable... when I indicate a certain time period during which I could not attend any lectures or tutorials, that period of time shows up in blue but does not put the class inside it somewhere else... anyone else having this problem??? Any ideas what to do?

Generator

HSC
N/A
darkroomgirl said:
MyUni's not letting me change my timetable... when I indicate a certain time period during which I could not attend any lectures or tutorials, that period of time shows up in blue but does not put the class inside it somewhere else... anyone else having this problem??? Any ideas what to do?
Is that particular class offered at another time? If so, does the alternative clash with another of your classes?

Edit: Has that particular class been 'locked' by the timetable unit?

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I think that means that you cant change those particular classes.
i.e because alternative are full, a change would create a clash, or its the only lecture avaliable etc etc.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Hopefully they (timetable or chem people) will just let me slip into another chem lab since I missed the first week (enrolled today) and the other session doesn't start until week 6.

That or hopefully the people will buy the story that I have a TSP project at that timeslot which doesn't appear on the timetable.

s.m.i.t.h

HSC
where do we go to change timetables this week?
im in the eco and bus faculty

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
No, don't go to the Student Information Office, they'll turn you away.

Go to Merewether 176, its on the bottom level near the computer lab.

darkroomgirl

HSC
It's not just the unit thats locked... I've tried requesting a day off (just to see if the timetable was working) and the whole thing doesnt seem to work at all. Hmm.

Another question... I skipped my Fiction Film and Power tutorial today because I didn't want a night class, and I really wanted to change tutorial times. The lady at the Arts Enquiries desk said I should be fine just to walk in to my desired tute time... am I taking any risks doing this? Also, should I change it on my official timetable or just leave it? 2nd year people told me I should be fine, but I'm paranoid... someone reassure meeeee....

Generator

HSC
N/A
darkroomgirl said:
It's not just the unit thats locked... I've tried requesting a day off (just to see if the timetable was working) and the whole thing doesnt seem to work at all. Hmm.
Ah, it is working, it's just that you probably aren't able to take a day off or request that that particular time be free - you cannot change your timetable to something that isn't possible, darkroomgirl.

To see what is and what isn't possible, head to the Timetable Unit's site and click on the 'Find the Timetable for a Particular Unit of Study' link.

Generator

HSC
N/A
darkroomgirl said:
Hmm. ENGL 1025 appears to be locked. Does this mean that I can no longer change my tute time NO MATTER WHAT? *gapes in horror*
As the person at the Arts faculty told you, you should have no problem if you just walk into a day tute and clearly state that you would like to change. If the tutor happens to complain (unlikely, I would say), just point out that your allocated tutorial is at night and that such a time isn't suitable.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
s.m.i.t.h said:
thanks for that

do u know what time they are open?
Eco and Business Faculty timetable changes made at Merewether 176 between 12 and 2. You cannot change ECON lecture times though.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Currently I don't have a timetable, according to the Student Center. "You have difficult clashes etc", such a familiar sight.

Nevertheless, I made arrangements with each department to be moved to labs that I prefer. So instead of USyd assigned timetable, I have my own timetable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)