• Happy 20 YEARS to us!

Tips for comprehension in paper 1 (1 Viewer)

Ethereum

HSC
For the unseen responses in paper 1, does anyone have tips on comprehending texts and creating MEANINGFUL topic sentences in a short timeframe?

I find no trouble analysing evidence or forming a cohesive structure for any question. However, I can never seem to create topic sentences that sound "provoking".

idkkdi

HSC
For the unseen responses in paper 1, does anyone have tips on comprehending texts and creating MEANINGFUL topic sentences in a short timeframe?

I find no trouble analysing evidence or forming a cohesive structure for any question. However, I can never seem to create topic sentences that sound "provoking".
if u want meaning, keep a bag of tricks/themes/commonly used ideas part of the human experience and slap them on to sound cooler. e.g. the inevitability of death propels us to be more alive, in trying to cope with suffering we suffer more, humanity's common ability to empathise, etc. etc. . creating better topic sentences probably just comes with exposure to more ideas and more practice.

d1zzyohs

HSC
including psychoanalysis has always made topic sentences feel cooler:
consider - the [collective human experience] exposes the struggles of indigenous peoples under colonial rule v.s
- the jungian subconscious projects a distinct struggle against colonial powers; and through this, discovers the insights of collective struggle.
etc. If you're like me, and you have paper 1 tomorrow, then:
1. use fancy words. idk, literally shit like ouevre, and corpus; those elevate your writing.
2. use some freud, some jung if it works.

But remember at the end of the day, short answer topic sentences don't have to be really invoking like essays. Markers just want to see what they need to see - make your topic sentence POWERFUL, and your argument analysis engaging.

good luck.

idkkdi

HSC
including psychoanalysis has always made topic sentences feel cooler:
consider - the [collective human experience] exposes the struggles of indigenous peoples under colonial rule v.s
- the jungian subconscious projects a distinct struggle against colonial powers; and through this, discovers the insights of collective struggle.
etc. If you're like me, and you have paper 1 tomorrow, then:
1. use fancy words. idk, literally shit like ouevre, and corpus; those elevate your writing.
2. use some freud, some jung if it works.

But remember at the end of the day, short answer topic sentences don't have to be really invoking like essays. Markers just want to see what they need to see - make your topic sentence POWERFUL, and your argument analysis engaging.

good luck.
oeuvre

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)