Tips on creative writing? (1 Viewer)

Fawun

Queen
HSC
I have an assessment on Thursday and it's a creative writing task. Can you please give me some tips on writing? I'm not good at creative writing because I always find myself wasting half of the given exam time thinking of what to write and spend the rest of the time rushing through the story and I end up getting really bad marks and since this is an assessment and it counts towards my ranking at the end of the year, I really want to do well in this task! Thank you :)

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Can you give me an idea of exactly what you are studying? Or the specific guidelines of the examination? I may be of assistance if possible.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
We're going to have to write a story about change.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Don't think of an idea in the room. Rather, preplan a few story ideas that can fit a wide variety of stimuli. Having a start, middle and end before you sit the exam will allow you to spend most of your time actually writing, rather than thinking about what you'll write.

If the question is really obscure, and you have to think in the room, then pick a standard plot device. This should give you a starting point:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thirty-Six_Dramatic_Situations

A very generic structure

Context/Main Character => Catalyst => Problem Occurs => Problem Solved => Character Growth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)