• Congratulations to the Class of 2021 on your results!
    Let us know how you went here
    Got a question about your uni preferences? Ask us here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Tips (1 Viewer)

5uckerberg

HSC
Don't stay up too late lol
I would not be surprised if the exam will consist of complex numbers or proofs. These are usually the first topics covered in Year 12 for 4U. Tip of the day place emphasis on the geometric side of complex numbers as Drongoski said. Very important. Vectors of complex numbers.

Proofs knowing what types are there and also mathematical induction and inequalities. Know about there is a value or otherwise for all values of something else happens. Know when is it true and if not find a counterexample.

HSC
N/A
I would not be surprised if the exam will consist of complex numbers or proofs. These are usually the first topics covered in Year 12 for 4U. Tip of the day place emphasis on the geometric side of complex numbers as Drongoski said. Very important. Vectors of complex numbers.

Proofs knowing what types are there and also mathematical induction and inequalities. Know about there is a value or otherwise for all values of something else happens. Know when is it true and if not find a counterexample.
So remember all the properties of different shapes and all the geometry behind them. Noted Ty

5uckerberg

HSC
purely complex numbers
Not surprised. Conjugates, roots of unity and the general form of complex numbers. Geometric proofs of complex numbers eg the application of the parllelograms and some vector related content.

HSC
N/A
should i be bothered with remembering the triangle inequality or the other forms of sin and cos x (e.g. 1/2 e^ix x e^-ix). Speaking of which, how do you prove the triangle inequality both geometrically and algebraically?

HSC
should i be bothered with remembering the triangle inequality or the other forms of sin and cos x (e.g. 1/2 e^ix x e^-ix). Speaking of which, how do you prove the triangle inequality both geometrically and algebraically?
yes u should know triangle inequality bc its commonly tested, pre sure u can check past papers and there's at least one or two questions about them. You should know how to prove both ways just in case.

also it does help if u know how to derive the other forms if u do plan to use it

HSC
N/A
yes u should know triangle inequality bc its commonly tested, pre sure u can check past papers and there's at least one or two questions about them. You should know how to prove both ways just in case.

also it does help if u know how to derive the other forms if u do plan to use it
would it be assumed knowledge that z^n + z^-n = 2cos(nx) and the same for sin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)